Windows 7 ultimate vl build iso?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by theartiszan, Dec 29, 2013.

1. theartiszan

theartiszan MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2009
    Does anyone know which iso I should get to be able use Windows 7 ultimate with volume kms activation?
    Or a way to convert the retail disc I bought to be volume license activated with kms?
    Thank you in advance.

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller MDL Spinning Tortoise

Dec 21, 2012
    #2 Carlos Detweiller, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Windows 7 Ultimate can't be used with Volume-KMS. Only Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Enterprise support KMS, the latter being the same as Ultimate, feature-wise.

Get the Genuine Ultimate ISO (32 or 64bit) from the repo (http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository), then read chapter 5-G how to unlock all editions. That will give you a universal disc for installing Pro for KMS-activation (e. g. MTK or KMSPico).

Note that using the Ultimate edition together with Daz Windows Loader is preferred as it's permanent. That is, unless there are reasons why it won't work that way.

Edit: ei.cfg removel does not apply to Enterprise, that one is issued on separate media.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Carlos Detweiller

Removing ei.cfg doesn't unlock Enterprise SKU as it comes separately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller MDL Spinning Tortoise

Dec 21, 2012
    #4 Carlos Detweiller, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Yep, I missed the Enterprise thing as I personally use Pro.

Edit: Corrected.

5. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    There is no Windows 7 Ultimate VL, but you can use Ultimate edition in your company.