Windows 7 Ultimate x64 UEFI & GPT help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TeaNotLSD, May 26, 2013.

1. TeaNotLSD

TeaNotLSD MDL Novice

May 26, 2013
    Hello, my laptop is an ASUS X55C and I used rufus v1.3.2 to create a bootable windows 7 USB for UEFI and GPT. I can install it but can't activate it with windows loader. I tried using the UEFI and MBR option but my bios won't boot it for some reason. At the moment i enabled CSM in my bios and just have just installed windows with the regular bios MBR option. Any help with how to activate with GPT in UEFI? Thank you in advance.

2. TeaNotLSD

TeaNotLSD MDL Novice

May 26, 2013
    I just read up more on gpt and im just going to use mbr since the only advantage is using a 2.2tb or bigger drive. Sorry for the dumb question

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    not dumb, UEFI and GPT is new to a lot of people. The part I am impressed with is, you found your own solution by actually doing a bit of reading. Too many times people ask a question to a post directly above them hehe. :hangloose:

4. TeaNotLSD

TeaNotLSD MDL Novice

May 26, 2013
    Actually i just ran into another road block. I'm trying to install windows 7 in UEFI with mbr partitions using rufus, but when i boot it like that from my usb it this comes up IMG_0003.JPG what do i do in this case.

5. TeaNotLSD

TeaNotLSD MDL Novice

May 26, 2013
    @EFA11 Don't be too impressed haha i have a problem now. When i boot my usb with mbr partition scheme for uefi computers in rufus . i get a windows boot manager error screen. My computer is in UEFI mode, CSM is off, Fastboot is off. Now i need some help because i cant really find anything on google.

Attached Files:

6. TeaNotLSD

TeaNotLSD MDL Novice

May 26, 2013
    fail double post...

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    honestly, if you NEED secure boot, UEFI is nice to have, otherwise, whats an extra second or two out of your boot times. MBR/Legacy FTW.

BTOR has your back

8. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I think that Daz WindowsLoader does work with MBR only. Case install 7 on GPT HDD, you can use Windows SLIC Injection to activate 7 x64.