Windows 7 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AMARLAL, May 19, 2011.

1. AMARLAL

AMARLAL MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    Hi..

I am a first time user. I just got a laptop with a cracked version of windows 7 ultimate loaded. I have not downloaded the windows genuine advantage onto the laptop (and don't intend to).

I wanted to know the following :
    (a) Where do i find the key for my window 7 ultimate
    (b) How do i know whether the key is activated or not
    (c) If I want to install updates which require genuine advantage - can i
    (i) install it using automatic updates from windows. Will this by any chance download the WGA.
    (ii) install it from some website which has earlier downloaded the same and is allowing me to
    download it from its web site.

Please reply so that I know what to do..

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
  3. naresh

naresh MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    ur laptop vendor?...lenovo,dell,hp,,etc....go to slip keys and select ur vendor and ur installed edition ....go to control panel->system-> bottom u will see windows is activated.....else click on change product key and use one of slip keys in this site....u will see windows is activated ...its enough to u...u will be geniune..and u will do all stuff and get from microsoft updates.........................................else go and use one of the loader and its is simple to use ...but some damage might be done if ur laptop is sony else..hope u understand .else give a detailed information on ur laptop config and weather it comes preinstalled windows r not if yes so which windows..al this things..might be help to help uuuuuuuuuuu

4. AMARLAL

AMARLAL MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    Hi...
    The machine is a Dell I3-380, 3GB Ram, 64-bit operating systems, 320 GB HDD.

Went through the control panel / system and ----> The Machine says

" windows is activated and gives me a product id. "

I have not downloaded the KB971033.

Can I now use the automatic download to download the critical / optional files.... or will there still be a problem with the download. I do understand though that I do not need to Download the KB971033.

Awaiting your help in the matter.

5. naresh

naresh MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    earlier u write i installed a cracked windows ...means? preactivated r do u use any loader..reply fast

6. AMARLAL

AMARLAL MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    i don't think it is an official version.

I have not installed any loader.

I think he loaded / got the windows 7 ultimate loaded after buying a dos version of the laptop from Dell.

I have not done any software updation myself (except for separately downloading the non-genuine windows requiring critical updates from microsoft.

I have so far not downloaded any update requiring the genuine windows validation.

Therefore I ask you..whether I can directly download from automatic updates or shall i go to some website which gives me the already downloaded version of the updates and install them.

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. naresh

naresh MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    i think he may use a slip key r a loader....kkkk.then u will update all from microsoft................................if anything goes wrong....my doors r open anytime ..for immedate reply..................

9. AMARLAL

AMARLAL MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    #9 AMARLAL, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
    (OP)
    The windows activation key is 00426-OEM-8992662-00010.

I read about activation problems in the past... Do i still need to use the loader

Also can I possibly download the critical updates with the present windows activiation key and in case there is a problem only then go in for the loader using uninstall and install as directed

10. AMARLAL

AMARLAL MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    Thanx...
    I have been successful in downloading the critical updates... so far so good.
    I am not sure though whether there may be any problem in the near future.

One small assistance though,
    In Windows XP - if I did not select any critical update in the notification option, I would be reminded that I have not selected it and that it will not download and there will be no future reminders in connection with this download in future.

I wanted to do something similar for the KB971033. It that possible in Windows 7 ultimate. So that it does not show up in the critical downloads and that it does not get downloaded by mistake.

11. naresh

naresh MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    not at allll......go what u want form microsoft...

12. naresh

naresh MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    just hide that update u want to not download by simply right click on that update and hide it option.....

13. AMARLAL

AMARLAL MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    Just two more queries

(a) In the microsoft updates, I have a optional microsoft security essentials (part of the security essentials free antivirus) being available for download.
    Is it safe for download The description says that it is offered to windows users who have purchased a genuine copy of windows. microsoft security esentials is a liceneces t use on your home pc and by small businesses with 10 or fewer pcs.

(b) I am unable to set up my wireless network. In my device manager I have an Intel(R) WIFI LINK 1000 BGN network adapters. It has a yellow triangle with an ! inside it.
    It also has a device status as
    "THIS DEVICE CANNOT START (code 10).
    As a result I cannot discover any wireless network on my system.

Can you help me out with these too...

14. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    a/ it is fine if you need it, if you have an AV already; then i would just pass
    b/ install driver
    Go to device mgr, uninstall and then let it reinstall.

15. AMARLAL

AMARLAL MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    #15 AMARLAL, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
    (OP)
    the wireless lan network got sorted out.

But I dont have any antivirus.

can you recommend any place where I can get an anti-virus...a good one which does its job and does not slow down the system and / or does not cause any problems of under / over detection.

16. naresh

naresh MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2009
    ans for a) ur windows if geniune so u can install security essensials from microsoft ..they one check....winodws is genuine r not..so no problem
    ans to b)1.uninstall and re-install driver from device manager-
    2.disable ur wired lan..means ex:broadom,,etc r check default connection and if not wireless then put it as default...