Windows 7 Updated install.iso

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gorimer, Dec 16, 2018.

1. gorimer

gorimer MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2015
    Was trying different ways to get a more up to date Install iso. After 3 day of testing this is what worked.
    took the 64bit windows 7 sp1.iso named "X17-59465.iso" that I got years ago and used the latest Simplix Pack.
    Install the pack using "up7integrator" downloaded from the oszone.net place. it installed 169 updates.
    then i took the iso created and used the "Windows 7 Image Updater - skylake\kabylake\coffelake\ryzen Threadripper." this installed 21 more updates.
    After test installing in virtualbox running widows update, it only had 4 updates left to install.
    I will be test installing on my asus max impact VIII with a intel 6600k later today to see how it works on a real computer. In 4 weeks will be trying it on my friends new computer were building.
    asus crosshair VII (wifi) with a ryzex 2700x.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The whole purpose of using SIMPLIX is to avoid telemetry containing updates, this way you could have skipped it all together, when you install all remaining updates anyway.

3. gorimer

gorimer MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2015
    That may be true but my intention was to make an install disk that is as up to date as possible without needing to download a bunch of updates after the install. So if I get someone who needs me to reinstall there computer that doesn't have high speed internet and is on a limited data connection there not running out of data updating.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    You could have skipped using simplix in this scenario and integrate all updates by the other used tool.

5. gorimer

gorimer MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2015
    I tried just the win 7 image update by itself and i still had to download the latest rollup update. 400megs. I may be mistaken but simplex is updated every month the other one hasn't been updated yet.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Simplix is a standalone tool, it integrates the bulk of the updates offline but also installs some updates online (the ones that can't be integrated offline), during the installation of windows, i don't know how the other tools handles the up7live.exe handlings.

7. gorimer

gorimer MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2015
    I'm not sure but I think the other program installs the updates after the initial install during the live session making it possible to finish what simplex couldn't do.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That's what SIMPLIX does, it runs upd7live.exe during installation of windows, that's why i said i don't know how that will interact with image updater, which runs quite a few kb's during setupcomplete, simplix just 3 or 4.

What's best to do is, use simplix (using pack 18.11.15) offline (i do it by using the batch files), install the iso in audit mode in a virtual environment like VMWare, let WU install the left-over desired updates, install dotnet472 and LP (if needed) and capture the install to an install.wim, this is how i do it for my AiO iso's.

9. gorimer

gorimer MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2015
    It's been a long 3 days now that I think about it the test integration I just did was using this months simplex I'll have to do some more testing.

10. gorimer

gorimer MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2015
    I remember why I did what I did. Simplex is updated but windows 7 image updater has all the drivers for new hardware. Using both you get all you need for current computers.

11. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    That sounds quite messy. I use only simplix's pack for the updates and integrate the needed drivers manually myself(download from win-raid, dism /add-driver). That's probably as clean as it gets.
    After installation is finished I install all necessary drivers and a few restarts later I disable WU.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. gorimer

gorimer MDL Novice

Jul 19, 2015
    Update it was messy, and had problems on a full real computer install. So it's a no go.