Windows 7 upgrade disks

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by can_script-kiddie, May 18, 2011.

1. can_script-kiddie

can_script-kiddie MDL Novice

May 12, 2011
    OK, so soon I'll be fixing a computer that for the second time had failed. Looks to be a hard drive issue again, well the hard drive is less then a year old so if it has failed, we should still have warranty.

The thing is the laptop has Windows vista install, but is from what I understand is dead. Dose the Windows 7 upgrade boot?

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Yes, genuine Windows 7 upgrade disks are bootable. An installation disk created from an iso file gotten via a link on this forum will be bootable when it's properly burned to disk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. can_script-kiddie

can_script-kiddie MDL Novice

May 12, 2011
    No this disk will be gotten from a shop, I don''t mind using questionable software myself, but when it comes to someone with no idea wha there doing, I'm not going to risk it. Kind of makes me wonder why I'd keep going with windows.

That and I need to know how to put the [solved] in I can't find the right edit button.

4. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Why go with questionable software when you have a source right here that will give you what you need and it'll be clean? Get the software via links for this forum and you will have a clean installation disk and you can ditch the one you seem so concerned about.

If you really can't determine if your current disk is bootable ... try it and see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...