Windows 7 - USB drive pen instead of text password

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by YakZukaNa, Dec 15, 2013.

1. YakZukaNa

YakZukaNa MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2013
    How to make this:

1. I want use USB key as username/password => when is USB key in USB slot it login you automatically.
    2. When SSID of wifi (network connection) change (I set default (allowed) name in config or something), user must write password if he want login.
    So somethink like this.

1. Run computer
    2. PC show me login page with users.
    3. I select user & when is USB key with password/hash in USB, it login me. Otherwise it want password.
    4. Check SSID of network.
      • If SSID is OK (same as name in config or is allowed) => everythink is OK & I can work.
      • Else if SSID is BAD => it want password
    I want protect my data. And yes I have coded data. Is it possible to do that & how??

2. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    I like your moxy YakZukaNa, but this seems impossible and ridiculous. Your data is already protected with a logon password. Besides, i could boot into a WinPE and bypass all your passwords anyways.

If you are indeed going to waste any more time on this, use "dongle" as a keyword in your searches.

3. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Bitlocker, however that only covers the username/password area. You might be able to do something with a script that checks the SSID of the network your on.

I think, to achieve this, it will take more time and research then needed.

4. YakZukaNa

YakZukaNa MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2013
    With 5. I mean protection before changing (stolen hw) position. Maybe if USB key with password can be shared in network (plug in router USB & shared) it solve everythink.

5. YakZukaNa

YakZukaNa MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2013
    What you sayn on Rohos Logon Key for Networks? (Sorry I can not add link)
    I think that it is what I am looking for. Auto login with usb (or user can write pwd) & position secured because usb is in network. And if hw is out of network, he muset write pwd :)

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #7 PhaseDoubt, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Looks like what you want assuming you can meet all the system requirements. But password use is free and included in the OS. $32 isn't much, but compared to $0 it's a lot. Can't see it myself, but obviously that's just me.