Windows 7 username and password start up screen suddenly small

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by coolcar221, Oct 9, 2011.

1. coolcar221

coolcar221 MDL Novice

Jun 12, 2011
    When I used to boot my computer it went to the Windows 7 screen with my username, large icon above it, and a spot to enter password below. Recently it started going to the same screen upon bootup, only now my username and icon are smaller than before and I must now click the small icon before it turns big, and then I can enter my password. Does anyone know how to go back to bypassing this annoying extra click before entering my password?How do I solve this?I only have one admin user account and guest account is disabled.

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Coolcar,
    I am just bumping your thread, I know what you are talking about. It does happen in my system at times, 64bits. I never looked it up as one click inst a bother.
    However i will look it up next time.
    The user logo comes up without the text fiel under, and u need to hit it , for the text field /password case to generate,then input. Gotcha:D
    at least i can confirm u r not alone or crazy:tongue2:

3. ahlehleh

ahlehleh MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    Hello. Such problem usually existswhen there are hidden accounts present in your system. Did you happen to install VMWare or any similar programs that could have modified your system? If it is much of a bother for you, you might want to do the following: Type netplwiz in the search box in Start menu and run as admin. Remove the account that happens to have a queer name. Do note, however, that such removal would cause its dependents to not work. How that this fixes your problem.

4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    dude:aerobueke: what u said isnt accurate , as there are no hidden accounts,vmware or queers around

5. oohgodyeah

oohgodyeah MDL Novice

May 15, 2012
    LOL, what a humorous use of the literal definition of 'queer' that sounds completely offsense. Too funny. :p

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Like Zombies. old threads never die, they just wait to be reanimated.