Windows 7 Weather and Currency gadgets not updating

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by phrunt, Jul 17, 2010.

1. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    Has anyone else had this problem with these gadgets? both my currency and weather gadgets havent updated in at least a week on all machines in my house and I don't know why, Even on a clean install they don't work? Any hints?

2. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    This is what i've found so far:

The wlsrvc.dll file references weather.services.msn.com which has now been changed to weather.msn.com.

MSN / Microsoft need to release a new version of the dll with the addresses changed, or msn.com needs to put the directory back.

3. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    The most recent version of yahoo widget engine supports Win7.

4. amires

amires MDL Member

Sep 27, 2009
    You can probably add an entry like this to your host file to redirect weather.services.msn.com to weather.msn.com

65.55.206.207 weather.services.msn.com

5. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    thanks for the tip, tried that just then but it doesn't work. I did a general google on the problem and it seems many people have it, maybe ms will do a patch on tuesday

6. RCOO

RCOO MDL Senior Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I got it too. At the beggining I thought It was my new router, but it isn't. I tryed direct connection between modem and PC and it still doesn't work.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...