Windows 7 WGA Validation -- Won't work

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mucker, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mucker

Mucker MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    #1 Mucker, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
    I looked over this forum for the past week and learnt a lot on how to install the OEM version on Windows 7 and activate it. I can't find any posts relating to WGA of VALIDATION though. Everything I have found is relateing to activating Windows.

I downloaded the x64 version from the downloads page in this forum. I first hacked my DELL BIOS and it now shows as SLIC 2.1.
    I install windows ultimate and install the DELL certificate and product key. This then reports it is activated.
    When I go online though i want to download Virtual PC and it tells me I must download WGA and validate my copy of windows.
    I have tried this loads of times and re-installed Windows about 10 times but I can't get it work. I have followed word for word the instrutctions.
    I am starting to wonder whether this is possible and I may have made a mistake??
    Does it pass WGA and validation checks or does it only pass activation?
    thanks,

2. Mucker

Mucker MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    Thanks Ennio,
    I know what it is and how it works. What I am saying is that when I run the WAT, install it etc it doesn't pass the validation and says I don't have a genuine copy of Windows 7

3. ennio

ennio Guest

What is your Dell key?

4. Mucker

Mucker MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    Yeah I just saw the post Ffreestyler has created right now. I am using the Lenova blacklisted one. I am changing it now as I write this. I will update this in 5 mins with the outcome.

5. ennio

ennio Guest

Good...........

6. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    The sticky was posted yesterday ;) Anyway glad you solved it...