Windows 7 , Windows 8 or windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by donsr, Sep 3, 2013.

1. donsr

donsr MDL Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Sorry for disturb ... i want to know which os is best am a graphic designer so i want to run softwares smoothly ...i am installed 8.1 its too buggy ..whats your opinion which os is best for regular use

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
  3. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Windows 8.1 being buggy is an understatement to be honest. I would honestly choose Windows 7 as its more stable with it having a service pack on it. Windows 8 has it issues but less so then Windows 8.1.

4. donsr

donsr MDL Member

Aug 24, 2013
    so windows 7 is best

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. trbanglang

trbanglang MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2013
    Windows 7 is best but slow. Windows 8 and 8.1 faster and nice but a few pc error!

6. donsr

donsr MDL Member

Aug 24, 2013
    am now using 8.1 rtm wzt but the windows apps and full hd videos are slow

7. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
  8. Donut

Donut MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    Greetins Im new in here I use Linux so I stand with the Linux suggestion Windows I use in Vbox I have 1 Win XP 4 Win 7 all Activated Win 8 preview version not activated I had Win 8.1 (Blue) but its not running so smoothly Im having trouble with Win 8 The problem with windows is you never know when and if something is going to hit you like a virus..and the your machine is a mess Ive been safe with Linux

9. donsr

donsr MDL Member

Aug 24, 2013
  10. Donut

Donut MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2013
    aha Mac is the best I just watched the Steve Jobs movie if you wish to view it I can have it for you or send you to the link

11. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    #12 burfadel, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Windows 7 x64 fully updated would be the best option for now.

Windows 8.1 x64 would be the best option in a few months. Remember it has just gone RTM, which doesn't mean that it is bug free! Hey, if all RTM OS's (regardless of whether it is Windows, Mac OS etc) were bug free, there would never ever be any need for any updates apart from adding new product support.

Windows 8 really isn't a contender, since it is being replaced by Windows 8.1 which is a service pack/quasi new OS, despite what Microsoft and anyone else try and claim. It's why it is free! and literally replaces, not just supersedes, Windows 8. Labelling it as a new OS has much greater saleability, and it being a quasi new OS is because there are some other changes that aren't just bug related such as an updated display driver model etc.

12. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Windows 7 hasn't so good from the begining...OS have this reliability due to 4 years to development,fixes,updates.Windows 8.1 even is based to Windows 7 is in the same time something new (speaking about a new kernell...etc).So my advice for you is to keep Windows 7 while Windows 8.1 is not yet officially out.

13. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
    Adobe Suites don't work on Linux.

14. donsr

donsr MDL Member

Aug 24, 2013
    thanks all of them windows 8.1 videos are too laagy

15. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Then you have some hardware or software issue, most of us run windows 8.1 flawless.

16. donsr

donsr MDL Member

Aug 24, 2013
    No works fine in win 8

17. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Here's my story: Been using Windows 7 SP1 x64 for a while, it's great but it's slow, even on my 8-core AMD FX Vishera. I'm somewhat limited because I only buy fanless video cards (Nvidia GT 430).

Windows 7: It's pretty good once it gets up and running but slow to start up and shut down. It's my main OS at the moment. Pros: Almost everything is compatible, Cons: it's sometimes slower than I like. Summary: It's my go to OS.

Windows 8: I've installed it on a test system and it is very fast, even on a Nettop-type system. It flies on my Vishera. Pros: Most of my software works with it, no driver issues and it's fast. Installation and startup are blazing fast, less than half the time of Windows 7. Cons: No Start Menu, have to install Start8 to use it although I am starting to get used to the tiles a little. Summary: Could be my new go to OS.

Windows 8.1: Getting same speeds as 8.0, seems very similar usage-wise. Pros: Very quick, Cons: A lot of my software is not compatible, especially my brand new Kaspersky IS 2014, that is a deal breaker until probably GA. Developers should have been given the code at RTM so their software would be ready, I don't understand Microsoft on this one. Summary: Thanks but no thanks, for now, may change at some point. Definitely looks like a go to OS for the future.

I hope this helps anyone who is in a similar situation. :biggrin:

18. JanCerny

JanCerny MDL Senior Member

Sep 13, 2012
    What's your system config?