Windows 7 won't boot after updating

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ASRockIQ, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    #1 ASRockIQ, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    Hi there,

Before i updated everything i installed the Video Drivers, Sound Drivers, and Ethernet Drivers. Then i installed RemoveWAT which worked fine. I then created a System Restore Point and then i fully installed all the update for Win7 but upon restarting Windows 7 no longer booted up. it comes up to the Starting Windows Logo but he Win. Logo never appears and it stalls from there (I waited 30secs.). I then tried to use Windows System Restore from the DVD and that was a no go. IDK what's causing this! This is the first i have come up with this problem. The Mobo is a ECS Socket 754 M61GX-M754 v3.0A. I don't think the Mobo has anything to do with it.

Update: Upon doing bootrec.exe /scanos it found 0 installations?! wth?

2. str8

str8 MDL Expert

Jul 3, 2009
    #2 str8, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
    RemoveWAT has "castrated" :D your system - so why are you so surprised that your machine isn't booting after its updated? M$ fighting the piracy caused that maybe ;)?

3. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2009
    may i ask why has this happened? and doing the removal guide didn't help at all so now i have to reinstall 7 again for the second time! i may try Hazar's old Loader as that has worked for me always. i thought trying his new Loader would be better but apparently not. the first time i tried Daz Loader and that seemed to do the same thing.