Windows 7 won't read UDF disk

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jettiee, Jan 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Jettiee

Jettiee MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2010
    I burned quiet a few DVD+R when I had Windows XP, and just put word documents, pictures, etc on them. I finalized them all and made them compatible with other computers.
    I just installed Windows 7 and they won't read the disks, they read fine when I had windows XP, and I am trying to run it in the same DVD drive it was burned in.

It shows my some files but other folders claim that they are empty, which I know theyre not because they had files in them when I had XP

how can I get Win7 to read UDF disks?
    If i bring the disks to a computer with XP will it read them?

Thanks!

2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    It's not a commom issue, I have W7 Ultimate X86 and X64 and all my old CDs and DVDs are working perfectly.

I have CDs and DVDs recorded at XP and Vista and all can be read. Did you try to read those media in another computer with another OS? You may have an hardware related problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jettiee

Jettiee MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2010
    I didn't get the chance to try in another operating system yet, I won't really be able to until tomorrow
    I'm just hoping that would work because I really don't know what its doing now

thanks

4. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Maybe u can install UltraISO or PowerISO to read UDF files.

If still cannot, try to buy a new DVD player or reinstall Windows 7 with updated drivers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
  6. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
  7. Jettiee

Jettiee MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2010
    I've been doing research and a few people had the same problem as me, and they all were able to open their files on the DVD+R on an XP computer, and I can too

All of my drivers are updated.. at least my computer tells me that

I'll try the hotfixes thing, but I never did that before so I don't entirely understand it..
    Thanks!