Windows 7 Won't Start?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by weijian95, Nov 27, 2009.

1. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    I installed Windows 7 with Daz's Loader and I must say it's splendid, but today I booted my computer and it doesn't even show the Starting Windows screen. The last time I tried installing Daz's Loader with default mode and it failed to start, it shown Starting Windows and crashed, then I tried with alternative mode and it worked, but this time it doesn't even show the "Starting Windows", I tried every option in the GRUB and it still doesn't show, so I guess this isn't Daz's prob anymore. Thanks for your help.

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    #2 pkaji123, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. mokaz

mokaz MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2009
    hi "R" when your bios is gone (hit many times if needed) select "Start Windows Without Loader" and modify your loader settings in Windows until it works.

Read the documents as well, it always help, personaly i've never seen anything as organized as this site, all the needed infos are here, so READ :eek:

cheers,
    m.

4. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Guys I tried the 6-H method, I booted the disc and it shown "Starting Windows" but it's taking forever, can this be hard drive failure? I heard weird "tak tak" sounds.

5. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Might Be...
    Try Once More.....

6. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    I retried again and again but it still stucks at Starting Windows, I popped in the Windows XP disc and attempt to install in on my second partition and it shown all partitions are empty (the free space is same as the capacity) on the partition table. What does this mean?

7. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I think your hard drive is failing there. try installing on another drive and see if the same thing happens.

I doubt it will.
    Cause of the tactac sound....it usually indicates hardware failure is imminent.

8. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    is there anyway I can fix this by software means or at least recover the data?

9. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    There are a few apps which allow data recovery, but it may not be possible if your drive is allready failing.

At most it's worth a shot.

A few examples :

EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional

Emergency recovery

Ondata recovery,....

They're not all free...

10. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    If your drive is making ticking sounds any software you run on it that increases disk activity has a good chance of killing the disk even faster and this includes loading the OS!
    What you should do its take the disk out the system and hook it up in another system and access it and try to copy data off.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    When i hard drive does that.....its dieing :eek:

12. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Well, are you sure about this? I had hard drive failure before and it sounded like zzzzz..... chhhhhh.... But this time it's different, when I boot up, it went blank and I can still access the GRUB Menu, but Windows just doesn't start and it make "tak" randomly like every 15 secs and I heard "beeeeeeeeeeeep" twice so far when I'm trying the solutions. And I can see my partitions in the partition table with Windows XP disc, just that the free space value is same as the partition size, so I think the files are gone.

13. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Not neccesarily. You should definitely try a recovery app to try and recover the data. It may just work.

14. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks guys I think it's hardware failure, just sent my laptop for repair and they said there's something wrong with my hardware and they're trying to find out the cause. Erm, I have a question, can loaders actually cause all this? I tried Daz's Loader on my self-built pc which worked brilliantly and now I wanna install it on my another laptop (I have 3 computers, don't get confused), if loaders can actually harm hardwares then I guess I'm not gonna install because I don't want another spoiled laptop. Thanks.

15. rasputinuk

rasputinuk MDL Member

May 21, 2007
    Just my nine p's worth, I have the same problem (tick,tick) sound this proved to be the SATA power and data leads try changing them and see if that works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Well the shopkeeper said there's something cracked in my hard drive, so thanks. Can anyone answer my previous question?

17. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    The answer is: no, the loader may not cause this problem, by your description you may have a crash in your hard drive, the reading heads are crashing the hd causing that tacktack sound.

Sometimes this issue may be due to computer mishandling.:eek:

18. weijian95

weijian95 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks, so it's perfectly safe to use loaders?

19. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    As far as I know, Daz's loader don't cause hardware issues, so is safe to use.:)

20. helloxiaokitty

helloxiaokitty MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2009