Windows 7 x64 home premium japanese OEM - any link?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by freefor, Feb 10, 2013.

1. freefor

freefor MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2009
    Yesterday I bought a new lenovo pc with windows 7 home premium (japanese) but there is no recovery DVD.
    I am looking for a DVD OEM (or retail if I remember right I can also use it with my cdkey) of windows 7 home premium x64 in japanese.

Thanks in advance.

2. AlexAlba

AlexAlba MDL Addicted

Nov 27, 2012
  3. freefor

freefor MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2009

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #4 PhaseDoubt, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    Look for a program on your machine that makes recovery DVDs. Usually this utility is mentioned very early in the owner's manual/literature.

Once you get your computer tweaked the way you want it, create a system image. The image can be used to fully restore your computer if the need should ever arise.

You're welcome in retrospect.

5. freefor

freefor MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2009
    Because I want to use my legal CDKEY.

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #6 PhaseDoubt, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    If what you're trying to do is create a disaster recover plan then you're doing a wise thing.

Use the legal CD key for what? If you did create recovery disks as provided by the manufacturer, the key will not be needed when/if they are used. Using a system image to restore your system will not require the use of your legal CD key either. And if you make a system image after you rid your computer of "lenovo software and others stuff I don't want", it won't be in the system image.

If you do a disk wipe and re-installation of the OS then yes it's good to use your legal CD key. But as much as I preach wipe and reinstall, that's a last ditch effort after all else fails. There are simpler ways than an immediate wipe and reinstall to try and recover your system first.

I'm like vymrdal, good luck, but you're making a simple task into a difficult science project.

7. freefor

freefor MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2009
    #7 freefor, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    (OP)
    Thanks for the reply.

Usually when I buy a new laptop, it has its own recovery cd (it's just windows 7 in the end) but this one hasn't.
    I am planning to do the recovery disks from the hidden partition (I need an usb dvd burner since it's an ultrabook) but I want to reinstall windows 7 from zero, without using the hidden partition (which has all that lenovo softwares etc).

This is not a difficult science project, it's just that the japanese iso is hard to find and that's why I asked if someone had one to share.

Filename: ja_windows_7_home_premium_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676548.iso
    HASH: C63F355ECBB8F422A348F592CFB932942AA0D34B

This is a retail iso but it works fine for my OEM cdkey.

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I'm not going to beat this dead horse any longer, but do you not understand you can do the above (your quoted text) with a system image?

It's not a true re-installation, but restoring a system image completely replaces the existing damaged OS with the good one you made the image from.

Good luck young Jedi..... I'm outta here.

9. freefor

freefor MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2009
    Thanks anyway :)

Right now I am burning the system recovery DVD (well, 4 dvds) so when I'll delete everything it won't be a pain to restore it ;)