Windows 8.1.2 or 8.2 or 9

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by M0rriss0n, Apr 22, 2014.

1. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    #1 M0rriss0n, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    would be like the 3rd update to finally have the original start menu. Smart move m$...
    The shadow cloud sounds more like taking your personal data than anything else. Like apple. Back to the basis, copying everything from the other unscrupulous company

3. M0rriss0n

Sep 17, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    True... but they will have to continue "Updates" until they can appease MOST customers... then release Win9 - in order to gain the lost ground (ie.replicate the Vista -> Win7 scenario) ..

in order that ..

5. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    MS does this in like every other OS release. They release a more user-oriented OS that tanks because it has too much crap shoved into it that people don't like and then the next streamlined featureless business version gets adopted by everyone and their mother. Win95, ME, Vista, Win8...

You'd think they'd learn by now that customers don't want all that sh** in their Operating Systems. Leave it to the customers to decide what crap they want to add.

6. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Agreed.. I can see their business model.. which probably sounded great for the boardroom guys - just their execution has been sorely lacking - I'm sure they were well aware at the outset that they were gonna antagonise some yet persisted with the one-4-all strategy - at least now they have come to their senses..don't think they gonna let go of the huge money spinner that is in the Clouds though..:p

7. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Good code name it seems to imply what threshold will our corporate costumer have in putting up with the 2'x2' icons and do we need to provide them with a windows operating system, maybe their threshold will not be reached if we let them open 3 appz at a time, too funny, update 2 and they still struggle with why do people like a multitask operating system, these kids at M$ walking around starring at their smart phones need to get their heads out of their arrogant a$$es and visit some corporations such as engineering and graphics/video production. The joint operating system for production machines and handheld devices is not wanted, and especially when it is skewed to facebook tweet machines. Has the community not voiced their threshold with their wallet? Software is free for learning however if it makes money for you BUY IT ..... now what direction should we go? IBM is still a viable tax base and you do not cut your giga hardwired based backbone because your phone has wireless.

Regards

8. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    You forgot windows 2000, the merger of NT the second dos branch, and it was a user oriented nt based OS that was well welcomed over 95. 2000, XP, 7 "64 bit". I think 95 was a cost/change thing and was really very buggy. I was the first in stores to buy windows 2000 to maintain my machines and remembered it was a good purchase with regard to payback from a IT hours point of view.

Regards

9. amsk98

amsk98 MDL Junior Member

Sep 8, 2013
    more they set goal for Nokia handset OS

10. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Can I get the icon in cornflower blue?

11. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    #11 Shayne, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    ^^ If you want the cornflower blue I think the windows 9 enterprise version would be the one for you. :D

I think the next merger that will bring them money is to implement more of server into desktop. Workgroup and the lack of user based control of each in the workgroup is lame to say the least. The merger of being able to set policies of others in the group without creating numerous user logons would be welcomed and worth purchasing. If you could just added network user policies for each node in the group I would go for it. Mid-size networks that do not need a server to function securely.

Regards

12. M0rriss0n

Sep 17, 2011