Windows 8.1 ("Blue" ) Rumors...Rumors and more Rumors... for Start Button Lovers only

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by zeeus, May 13, 2013.

1. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #1 zeeus, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dexter(-_-)

Dexter(-_-) MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    That Good news!!! But as u see in the recent leaked builds it seemed like microsoft was just making fuss and not doing anything to return back the start button. But if the rumor comes true then even the likers of start button and non likers both would be happy as far as i can see.
    But seriously microsoft needs to work on the desktop as well i mean comeon still the same icon set and they should try to more mordernuise the desktop to match the metro ui....

Hmmm lets hope the return of start :p

3. Pushkar112

Pushkar112 MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2010
    According to rumors start button will only show start screen and configure to boot to desktop function

4. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #4 zeeus, May 13, 2013
    (OP)
    I think that instead to give back the start button, they will return the Aero Glass !!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Start button with attached Startmenu isn't needed anymore! OK, that's my personal opinion because I'd learned to even work better without it!

On the other hand it's just human nature to:
    • firstly: don't like to learn new ways
    • secondly: listen to the voice of other humans, special the negative voices, instead of the own experiences and feeling
    • thirdly: a huge company like MS MUST be heated and attacked by any means

You open a Newspaper and what will "springs" in your eyes? The Bad News in first instance! That's a very normal human way and behaviour! You don't believe me? Open your eyes and look a bit closer to what is really going on and Yyou may would be surprised!

That all said, I really like the Windows 8 as it is right now! Sure there will be all times some possible improvements, and I also would be happy to get them, that, I couldn't or wouldn't deny. And for sure, I read a lot of that rumours and have to laugh many time about those! but, I wouldn't take them as the lords word, never!

6. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #6 zeeus, May 13, 2013
    (OP)
    I'm TOTALLY agree with you. I'm in love with my WIN8 as it and I have in my PC Win7 and Win Vista too on each HDD's (Tri-Boot),And the more I used is the Win8, but M$ have their WAR with other OS/Company and I think they must have respect for his "followers".

• My suggestion: Wait only a few weeks to know what will happen.

7. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Frankly I could never understand the fuss over start button, in win7 I have to locate the mouse right over it, but in win8 I just need to swing the mouse to the left and click, even with my eyes closed. :D

8. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    #8 zeeus, May 13, 2013
    (OP)
  9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    What you may will see is an Button on the desktop which brings you back to the Startscreen and that would be called Start Button! By the real meaning of the 2 words Start Button, it just means: A Button which brings you back to the Startscreen!

And it's even faster just to press the Win-Key as 1. to move the mouse to the Star Button and 2. press the left mouse button to to go back to Startscreen!

In real any of this discussions will bring: NOTHING!

10. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    What??? a discussions ??? I posted this thread for information only, did you read the header ???

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There wasn't any personal meaning in my post! I'm sorry if you'd read it as that! I just stated that any discussion of the Start Button will brings nothing! Or couldn't I post my personal feeling and opinion?

12. ace2

ace2 Guest

#12 ace2, May 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
    Start Button:

NEEDS:
    To be Visible (able to be seen)
    Boot to Desktop.
    Start Screen, OR Apps Screen.
    Shut down, Restart, Sign out, Sleep,.

NOT NEEDED:
    To be Invisible (Not able to be seen)
    Start Menu

:tea:

13. zeeus

zeeus MDL Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hahahaha im agree with you, sorry im feeling like you wrote to me :hug2::sofa: lol

14. Mr Theme

Mr Theme MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    So you mean better that a full screen start screen covers taskbar loosin at sight everything absolutely useful just for open another useless lego app?
    Start menu is useful about that, do not covers nothing, even you have at sight every program during browse of start menu...

So if full screen crap is useful, why not remove taskbar for all you guys, saying that Metro crap and start screen is just matter of learning...

no no no, it is not that every single Microsoft creation is gold and absolutely better.... c'mon guys nothing to learn in Metro interface, it is simply and basic, with few commands(standerd interface has everything)...

i can accept that is beautiful...:yucky::yucky: but not better....
    I'm not metro hater, just realist that has to accept that even Microsoft can made a mistakes....

Windows 8 do not need start menu, start orb and Aero Glass, Windows 8 is a new interface no related to it(solid colors, metro experience with no trasparency covering everything)

Windows 7 will be the best for that, and still in use for 15 more years, until Ms will think that big companies do not need clouds, login with MS account(in fact you log in with companyaccount) nor facebook, twitter or live tiles and apps, which in most of the companies internet is blocked or limited only to useful site, people has to work not play....

15. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    How about we wait and see what Win 8.1 RTM ACTUALLY has/doesn't have, then we can all rant and rave about facts, not rumors. OR, carry on as you desire.

16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    It's up to any single user of Windows (or whatsoever other OS/Apps) what he/she likes or not! That didn't means that I would use ALL that apps which coming with the installation of Windows to life! Most of them, all which I never use, are deleted already! I also didn't need that big tiles, I use the small one!

Sure if you all leave as it is, it's just a lot of crap! Nobody, even not MS tells you that you MUST use and leave all of them! If you still keep them, than you've to shout to yourself!

And it's not because of beautiful, it's just because of ease of use, if you get use of it! It's totally up to you how you like to have those on your screen and you keep them or not. It's just wrong to compare the Computer from different User's because everybody like things different and that's just good so!

And you wrote that you still will have 15 years of using Windows 7 ahead! So, why complain? Use Windows 7 for the next 15 years, it's your own choice as it would be totally you own choice in which way you would use Windows 8!

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I already stopped to use Leaks and wait at minimum for the Public Preview at the end of the next month. Next step would be the RTM.

18. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I'm following your plan too.

19. MeMy&Myself

MeMy&Myself MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2012
    The stupid start button is coming back. Fact. The useless start menu (Yes, useless. All those desktop lovers can perfectly pin their programs to the task bar or just place shortcuts on the desktop (or just use one of the many bars programs) and let the rest of the world to move on, because thats exactly the only use that the start menu had: a list of shortcuts.) is gone, for good. Fact.

20. ms-7

ms-7 MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2011
    #20 ms-7, May 13, 2013
    Start Button (in Windows Blue)

For (Happy) Windows 8 Users:
    It will be Optional along with Boot to Desktop, if you don't want Start Button then Turn Off the Option. I don't see this a problem for Windows 8 users.

For Everyone else:
    If you are Fine with new Option that's fine otherwise #DealWithIt :rofl6: or Start Menu alternatives will be there :p