Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit I am here again [HAPPY]

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Tiger-1, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    whell after several tests with Windows 10 all versions including build 1511 I don´t stay happy with this o.s. still need a lot of corrections, annoying bugs; return of aero glass native and more things so I decided downgrade to Windows 8.1 without all apps craps as result my main machine is very faster, no lags play several games (including old Windows 95 as Pinball lol) Chess Titans by MDL and a lot of heavy games , I recover aero glass effect by Sergei (Winaero), also I use one dock similar Mac OS, no icons unsightly on desktop and the principal thing: extremelly stable;

so my two cents to my friend Windows 8.1 :p

any sugestions or new ideas I am here dudes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    trying the same here just to see how it runs and goes really well, has a lot more of the win32 side than windows 10

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I agree 100% I think what Windows 10 after Redstone updates maybe stay trustful then waiting ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    #4 MrMagic, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Considering this myself, not really enjoying Win 10

Feels like I'm walking on egg shells, can't mess with it too much in case I break something, with 8.1, I could mess with it all I wanted and it was fine

Not to mention, things that worked perfectly with 8.1, are broken with 10, such as WLMail client (WL Essentials) - 3rd party I know, but the bug is retarded, it asks for a PIN (Nowhere to enter one if I did have one) if 2 step is enabled on my MSA

Worked fine under 8.1 with 2 step

5. perre

perre MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2013
    windows 8.1:aplaudir::aplaudir:

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Well, I did it, and guess what? Everything that was broken in 10, works fine again in 8.1

Go figure...

7. Bakersfield

Bakersfield MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Does his seem to be the consensus at the moment?

I thought that sticking to 8.1 - I was being left behind.

Are there aspects in windows 10 that you'll be adding to your windows 8.1 installs via third party apps, i.e anything you miss?

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Just the sound scheme, good riddance to the rest

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :thumbdown:oh my God is not possible M$ come with updates again(about windows 10 of course) see kb3112336, kb3112343 although I make all processes to avoid using DWS and a lot of things but MS again are making one process similar to brainwash every day one or several updates with little or none explanation ( same with windows 7) so I'm obligate return to windows 10 ltsb ;) or then maybe FreeBSD, sometimes I think auto banned from internet and return to old times ms-dos yet my Windows 8.1 works like a charm but good bye unfortunately :mad::mad:

10. mwnn

mwnn MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2013
    #10 mwnn, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    I've stuck Win 8.1 Enterprise N on myself after dabbling around with Windows 10 Pro TH2 10586.36.

With the windows as a service model the whole thing feels like it's still very much in testing and always will be; they don't even seem to bother putting out update notes - I guess it's because you're getting them whether you like it or not.

Useless as a stable platform - maybe I should've tried Enterprise LTSB.

Having to turn off updates with the Group Policy trick is a pain and doesn't give the same level of control.

Having device drivers get replaced is a total nuisance; I don't need Micro$haft to tell me how to use my PC.

I've had black screen crashes & adapter resets with the latest AMD drivers =\

I haven't yet become such a sad t**t that I'd want a digital female helper in lieu of a real female - I'll just take a magnifying glass thanks.

The only plus side seems to be the free digital entitlement licence - but it can't be that great if they're giving it away can it?

I don't feel as though I'm missing anything under 8.1 with Classic Shell installed - just seems the same with less crap installed by default.

They seem to have brought across the useless Games Explorer to 8.1 - it used to cause games to not launch in Win 7 when offline - surprised to see that - minor negative.

Wouldn't go back to 7, it's getting a bit long in the tooth. There must be 1000+ updates for that by now - a gigabyte or more?

Might improve with Redstone I suppose?

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Welcome to MDL dude :) well I agree 1000% with you, really M$ annoiyng with this windows as service sometimes I think that M$ look for another things ($$$$) using spyware into the system because nobody give something absolutely free without one return of course ;) I don´t see good perspectives unfortunately waiting then TH3 or Redstone updates :tea:

12. michael_mac

michael_mac MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2016
    Windows Enterprise 8.1 x64 is the best OS I ever installed.It is very stable.

13. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    Well, Been happy with Windows 7 SP1 x64 and never had problems, but I had use GWS tools to shut the heck up enforce me go windows 10 :mad:! it still s**tty job anyway!

14. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    that´s right dude, but my windows 8.1 works like my heart :p