Windows 8.1 Enterprise Activiation on Upgrade From 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dark_Ray, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Dark_Ray

Dark_Ray MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2013
    Hi,
    I just finished upgrading my win 8 enterprise x64 to win 8.1 enterprise x64.
    I had activated win 8 with phone activation. and all the token and .dat files are saved with Advanced Tokens Manager.
    Now when I am trying to open Advanced Tokens Manager in win 8.1 it just keep looking for compatible products.
    Any help for this 8.1 activation.:confused:

Thanks

2. DarkStarXxX

DarkStarXxX MDL Member

Feb 14, 2010
    It's not possible to acivate Enterprise Version of 8.1.

3. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    It's been discussed already currently not possible unless you have a unique key / kms server for 8.1. If method found i will be the first person to post the situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I have a legit MAK and AD activation for 8.0. My AD activation isn't working with 8.1, and 8.1 won't take my MAK. So there will need to be an update to 2012 in order to AD activate or they will need to issue new keys for this free upgrade. Same thing with my MAK, if we were told this was a free upgrade why won't our existing MAK work. I think this is pretty stupid that if I want to keep my activation I need new keys.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    indeed HS, only thing myself and several others are hoping is, that MS resolves this when it is officially released. one way or another. I am almost betting the farm that the "Free upgrade" is only to Pro/Core not Ent. dunno yet though.