Windows 8.1 Enterprise and MTK 2.5.2

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pisthai, Jan 7, 2015.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 pisthai, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Good night too. However I believe there's no need to open a complete new thread for this topic, there's a dedicated MTK support thread as many of us already know.;)

Besides this is a known issue with corrupt A/V software companies. Why, for instance, Kaspersky doesn't spit out any false positive?

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 pisthai, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    (OP)
    The reason I opened this thread were because of the overall problems I had over 2 days with that Windows 8.1 Enterprise, not just that infection of the MKT 2.5.2!

On various applications, the speed of that computer drops dramatically and for get back the normal working, I've to go outside of of that apps and click somewhere on the desktop. That isn't in specific apps only, it's just in many! It isn't because of Hardware problems, because on that same computer, I exchange the HDD and run Windows 7 or 10 with the exact same Hardware (except that HDD for sure!) and the same drivers with no problems.

That said, I'll Low Level Format that 'infected' HDD and do a complete new and clean install to see what happens after that. And just to note, that installation will be done from an original MS Windows 7 Enterprise DVD and not any downloaded ISO. The MTK I was just need for to test Visio 2013 because I don't have the Original of that, normally I use Smart Draw. That install of Visio 2013 was done with an download via link from MDL same as the MTK.

By the way and just to mention: Virustotal didn't show TrendMicro in their list, I was find that infection with TrendMicro's "Housecall", latest version and database downloaded! That seems to be that Virustotal isn't up to data with their Database and/or didn't update the used AV-Providers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...