Windows 8.1 Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by omnipixel, Feb 2, 2014.

1. omnipixel

omnipixel MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2014
    Hi, I have been running Windows 7 x64 and just decided to upgrade to 8 yesterday.
    I got 8 up and running then I installed the 8.1 update and activated with the MTK in this section. Well, now I'm having the following two issues after upgrading to 8.1:
    My previous games the I played on Windows 7 Flawlessly get major FPS lag,
    My "Games" app in the Windows Start Menu won't connect to my Microsoft account no matter how many times I click retry (I'm connected to the store and my account is linked to this PC but the Games app just wont open.)

My hardware (If needed):
    CPU: Intel Core I5-3570k
    RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3
    SSD: Samsung 830 Series
    HDD: 1TB HDD
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

(Note: I am using on-board Intel HD4000 graphics.)

What would be the best way to go about fixing this? I'm almost to the point of switching back to 7 but if I can get this fixed I'd prefer that. I'm enjoying the features that 8 offers so far; even though I'm having some major issues.

I downloaded the 8.1 64-bit Core/Pro ISO from the 8.1 Repository thread, and I downloaded the Windows 8 64-bit from a different source as the links were deleted here.
    Should I just burn the 8.1 ISO to a disk and do a clean install over the current one?

2. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Check the drivers and see that they match your computer manufacturer's recommended drivers & try updating drivers too.Try that first and feedback plz.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. omnipixel

omnipixel MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2014
    That was the first thing I tried and sadly, no luck. :|

4. MDL After Death

MDL After Death MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2014
    I agree with the fresh install with a pure Windows 8.1 ISO.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Most probably he did a fresh install already.Let's wait and see if his problems are solved.

6. MDL After Death

MDL After Death MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2014
    My apologies, I had read it as him performing an update from a Windows 7 base installation. Then in his last sentence he suggests "performing a clean install over the current one"