Windows 8.1 - Marvell Sata Raid Drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by staveley, Sep 8, 2013.

1. staveley

staveley MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2007
    Hi Guys,
    I have the Marvell sata ports on my GB Z77X-UD5H mobo configured as a raid1 array & have no problems with Win 8 x64. When I run Win 8.1 x64 setup (clean install) the array is not seen and attempts to load the preinstall amd64 driver (v.1.2.0.1032 or 1.2.0.1038) fail with a compatibility error. I have also tried loading the drivers from the Win 8.1 USB flash drive via an autounattend.xml file but this just hangs. Once Win 8.1 is running, I can add the drivers via device manager & the array is then detected, assigned drive letters and seems to work normally.

To avoid having to manually reassign drive letters post install, I'd really like to get the preinstall working. Has anyone had any success with these drivers or know of a way of doctoring the .inf files ????

Thanks.

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I would highly recommend against doctoring the files.
    You should probably check some GB forums or support sites and see if they have any beta drivers going.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You may should also try to set the driver to Windows 8 or even Windows 7 Compatibility Mode.

If I had such problem, that would be my first choice!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gmas79

Gmas79 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2012
    #4 Gmas79, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    If installation successfully finished and you can add the drivers via device manager, works normally, why not just leave it as. Not big issue, i think. How many times you have to re-install your system a day?
    If you really want, you can try integrate your drivers into offline image using dism.exe.
    Commands should be something like this
    Code:

Image mount
    -----------
    DISM /Mount-Wim /WimFile:D:\install.wim /index:1 /MountDir:D:\Mount

Single
    ------
    Dism /Image:D:\Mount /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\Drivers\xxxxxx.inf

Multiple
    --------
    Dism /Image:D:\Mount /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\Drivers /Recurse

Unsigned
    --------
    Dism /Image:D:\Mount /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\Drivers\xxxxxx.inf /ForceUnsigned

Check
    -----
    Dism /Image:D:/Mount /Get-Drivers /all

Unmount image
    -------------
    Dism /unmount-WIM /MountDir:D:\Mount /Commit

Good luck