Windows 8.1 no networks found help!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Thelilchekoy, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Thelilchekoy

Thelilchekoy MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2014
    I just bought a new laptop yesterday. it came preinstalled with windows 8.1. To be specific the brand is acer aspire e5-411-c313. My problem here is that whenever i conncet to the wifi, after 20 minutes it suddenly disconnects and when i turn it on again my laptop says there are no networks found. Can somebody please help me? I'm really having a hard time figuring this out. I downloaded all the updated drivers but to no luck:(:(. I even tried to uninstall the broadcom driver and install it back again but still it wouldn't fix the wifi. It goes back to normal once i restart my laptop but then again after 20 minutes it disconnects and i cant search my own or even my neigbours wifi. Hoping for all of your responses.

2. Thelilchekoy

Thelilchekoy MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2014
    I tried doing that but it didnt change anything

3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Where is the source of the wifi signal ?

4. Thelilchekoy

Thelilchekoy MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2014
    I dont really get your question. Are you referring to what type of router i use? The source of the wifi signal in my house comes from my pocket wifi. the model is huawei e5331.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    might seem like a silly question, but since it is a new laptop. Are you certain you are not hitting the WiFi power button by accident? Sometimes I just need to ask :D

6. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    try install clean os on another partition and install the last driver for wifi and see if its happens again
    if its does check with company what to do

7. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    2 theories...
    -There's a disable wifi switch or button somewhere that you accidently hit
    or
    -Windows updated the driver and it messed with your default network adapters or something

8. Bytebuster

Bytebuster MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2013
    ...hmm, think you better check your (chosen) power settings profile. - I bet your WiFi adapter goes to sleep when idle and disconnects - result; you don't have an internet connection.

- If it wakes, it can take up some time to reconnect, but if it fails (to wake up or to reconnect) you basicly have no choice but re-boot your system; Changing the WiFi or USB settings in the (chosen) power settings profile might be the solution to your problem.

9. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #9 Hadron-Curious, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I still think it is a driver problem.
    Code:
    1) Press Windows + R Key to open RUN.

2) Copy and paste diskmgm.msc into the dialog and click Ok to continue.

3) Click the little arrow beside Network adapter to expand it.

4) Right-click on your wifi network,  select uninstall and check the little box on the dialog and click OK.

5) Click on Unknown and right-click on your wifi network and select properties.

6) Click  detail on the next dialog. Under property select Hardware id and copy the information display beneath .

Paste the information here to help you link were to download the right driver for your network hardware.
    * The problem is you are having the wrong driver for your hardware. You might have to also check your network hardware information properly.