Windows 8.1 Pro Retail Key, WMC addon?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by zak7, Sep 28, 2013.

1. zak7

zak7 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    I know this is probably dumb, but is there a way to get WMC on a retail 8.1 pro key install, thats legitimately activated, i heard you can buy the addon for 8.1 for like 9.99 from M$, but save that, Is there a way to get the addon activated with some other method?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you had WMC activated with an free Key on Windows 8, you could re-activate that on Windows 8.1 after you had done the normal activation first without WMC installed. Than ad WMC again using your old Free Key and reactivated after that using the Phone method.:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cheer

cheer MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2010
    Please help me. I had an activated win8pro WMC and I upgraded to Win 8.1preview through Store update. Everything going well until 2 days back. Due to some reason, system was behaving funny and I tried every option for Restore, refresh and re-install. Nothing worked. Without saving the activation, I formatted the drive and clean installed win8prowmc(delta iso) using my legitimate key on the same laptop. Installed perfect but activation fails. error code:0xC004C4AA. Please suggest. Thanks. I am in Bangkok, Thailand.

4. cheer

cheer MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2010
    Thanks - no responses. Problem solved- win8prowmc activated since.

5. zak7

zak7 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    well you did sorta hijack some one elses thread looking for help, instead of making your own...and expected help. not the best way, glad you solved your problem and updated us all, i however dont have a solution, as i don't have a w8 WMC key, thanks for the idea though pisthai :(

Is WMC for 8.1 use the same KMS version as the windows activation?