Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Retail With GA Rollup A

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by xmastersupreme, Nov 14, 2013.

1. xmastersupreme

xmastersupreme MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2013
    as I can change the language pack to this iso, iso does not contain this file install.wim only install.esd

thanks

2. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    What is this even mean?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 HALIKUS, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    I drink alot, which seems to give me the superpower to understand Google translate.

"I downloaded the (probably) English ga rollup iso, which is ok because i figure i can add my desired language packs. But, whats this!? There isn't an install.wim, only an install.esd. How the heck can i edit an install.esd? Dism won't work."

You can't edit an esd. Use the RTM. Its 3 darn updates less than the rollup iso, big whoop. If you really, really feel the incessant need to cause yourself alot of work and actually do whats required for what you asked, deploy the esd, add language packs and updates, etc, sysprep, capture.

All the malarkey over grabbing the GA rollup iso is slightly astonishing to me. Especially in this case because you would need to use Dism anyways to add the language packs.

Did you mean "What does this mean?" I can't understand you.

4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    @Halikus
    What is your favorite drink man? isht definitely works :D

5. azlvda

azlvda MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    i thought new isos from msdn lol

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    MS never released ISO's for Retail with GA, only can get from Store afaik

7. MakeMeBad

MakeMeBad MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2012
    Yeh , like HALIKUS said in his excellent answer.... it's NOT a big deal , i've still got " MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.1.RTM.X64.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT", i'm NOT gonna loose any sleep over the esd thing!! :p