Windows 8.1 Script Host Error

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dark Knight, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Machine : Lenovo C5 w/touch

For the past couple of days when booting my system up I have been getting the Windows script host error shown in the picture, I tried to search the Lenovo site but there really is no help there.
    Does anyone know what this error may be and how to correct it?
    If the file was deleted is there a way to replace it?

Screenshot (2).jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mabaega

mabaega MDL Senior Member

Dec 30, 2010
    try use registry cleaner (like ccleaner) to remove bad startup link.

3. hellowasif

hellowasif Guest

Press Ctrl + Alt + del key to open task manager and than select startup tab and than disable any apps that u dont want to start with system startup as simple as that ...!!!

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    a right click on taskbar opens where you also can select task manager > startup tab > select which entry to disable ...

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You mean a Right Click on the Windows Logo lower left, or am I wrong?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    no, just directly right click on the task bar somewhere in the middle of the low end of your screen and a little window pops up including the task manager link

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Problem is if the Taskbar is full with apps!! Than the Right Click on the Windows Logo works with no problems! and no need top look for an empty space to get "your" Pop Up Menu!!

8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    that's right and the right click on the logo leads to same result :D

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Even gives you much more choices!:D

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  11. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Could it be that your heavyly modified windows could be at fault? Or are the Lenovo-Folkes responsible for this frankenbuild of Widows 8.1?

12. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #13 Dark Knight, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    (OP)
    Sorry guys, but there was nothing in the startup that was causing it, I think it was file that accidently got deleted while I was doing some house cleaning, so I just grabbed a recent image I made and all is back to normal now.

@BigW
    First, my system is not heavily modified, Second, it's called a custom theme that I myself made just like hundreds of others that I made that work just fine and OH, by the way uses ZERO resources ..... that's right NOTHING, nada, runs in the background to make the theme work, unlike Window Blinds bloatware, so as far as your putting the theme at fault, no it had absolutely nothing to do with the theme. Third, As so far as it being a "frankenbuild" that's just your opinion, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and that was just yours, if you like looking at the plain jane puke MS default theme then so be it and don't be so critical of what others like to look at, if you don't have to look at it all day then keep your opinions to yourself and just move on.
    My dad always said, "if you have nothing nice to say, it's best not to say anything at all" .

It would be nice if people educate themselves on certain subjects before making moronic posts, otherwise post nothing at all.

OH, and just incase you are wondering because I am thinking that you think I am running this half baked "Lenovo" brand pc ...... Lenovo is another word for IBM my friend. Where I come from we don't refer to IBM as "Folkes", it would be a disgrace to refer to a pioneer in pc manufacturing as such.