windows 8.1 tweaks??

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by asub, Apr 4, 2015.

1. asub

asub MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    is there a thread anywhere in regards to tweaks for performance and visual or any kind really?

2. berryman13

berryman13 MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    +1 I'd like ot know the very same thing!

3. berryman13

berryman13 MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    ht tp://forums.mydigitallife .info /threads/46105-Windows- 8-1-Registry-Tweaks

23 Pages of s**t

4. Aemsa

Aemsa MDL Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Windows performance is hardware dependant, use a ssd, a decent ammount of ram and a multicore processor, no magic tweak will make windows work faster.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mr.Sir

Mr.Sir MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2015
    #5 Mr.Sir, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Agreed with ^. i had these tweaks mania too, used UWT and other tweaking utils. no real benefits. trust me man. I personally do this after a clean install of windows and drivers:

disable UAC, search indexing, system restore, defender.
    don't use any antivirus. ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW TO GET AROUND in THE INTERNET. use online scanners to scan suspicious files.
    don't install unwanted crap

other wise, getting real hardware is the way dude, and a ssd doesn't increase the speed but it does response WAAAAAAY faster than a HDD. if you ask me i'll get ssd first, then more memory only then a better CPU. i know ssd is pricey for the capacity, but it will make all the difference you like to see. but remember it doesn't make you'r system faster and more fps in games.