Windows 8 and Fan Control

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Chrisda1986, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Chrisda1986

Chrisda1986 MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2010
    So I am having one hell of a time figuring out how to control my CPU fan speed on demand in the OS. In the BIOS my options are limited and pretty much set up to coincide with ASUS AI Suite. Since that program doesn't install on Windows 8, I tried out SpeedFan. That hasn't worked thus far, and my CPU Fan is stuck at 2813 RPM. I need it to get back to 6-7k RPM when I'm gaming or else I experience overheating almost immediately.

My Mobo: Asus P5QL-Pro
    CPU: Pentium E5700

Any help appreciated, and I have googled the hell out of the issue and tried everything and nothing worked.

2. Zymdl

Zymdl MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    #3 Zymdl, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    Asus AI suite does work. Download the Windows 7 version!
    Edit: Atleast for my mobo :p Give it a try!

dlm3cdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite_V10533_XPVistaWin7.zip

Edit2: try this one if the first one dont work.
    dlm3cdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AI_SuiteII_V10401_P8Z77-V_LX-LK2_XPWin7.zip

3. Chrisda1986

Chrisda1986 MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2010
    I set up SpeedFan correctly, which I checked then double checked to be sure I did. That didn't work, then I checked out those two links above and neither would install either..:( I'm starting to think I'll have to reinstall Win7 just to get maximum speed out of my fans...:|

4. rockyshaw

rockyshaw MDL Junior Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Have you tried changing the compatibility settings of the software , right click and go to properties then click on compatibility

5. Mudgho

Mudgho MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2012
    I just now got win8 and have same mobo as you and had a similar issues as you but managed to run qfan3(fan Xpert) standalone in the AI Suite folder, I know this is like 3 months later but you never know if its useful for someone.