Windows 8 banned by world’s top benchmarking and overclocking site

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Garbellano, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    #1 Garbellano, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. reticule

reticule MDL Novice

Jun 3, 2010
    Does this have relation to Windows DPC Latency such as the Invariant TSC's & Dynamic Tick feature with UsePlateFormClock?

3. MissFortuneGO

MissFortuneGO MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2013
    OMG! the real-time clock isn't exact! but are you sure the time of mobile is exact? o_O

4. sabio00

sabio00 MDL Novice

May 18, 2011
    #4 sabio00, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    MissFortuneGO argument is right! Evidence would be different if they had used a precision laboratory clock! :cool:

UPDATE: However, further reading indicate that the occurring problem is real!

5. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    read the whole article... And the problem is real (pun intented)

6. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    See no big deal here, as i seldomly use benchmarks which even in case of synthetic ones don´t have much significance.

After ugdate of graphic drivers i test with a hardware hogging game like 'Metro' or 'Battlefield 3'.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Benchmarks aren't the only things affected by an off RTC though. If the timing of the entire OS is off, it could lead to some weird (and probably unnoticeable) stuff. I recall quite a few people having issues in the past with World of Warcraft where cooldowns on spells would finish/be delayed quicker/later than they were on the server due to core syncing with multi-core CPU's (not 100% sure if WoW relied on RTC or not though)

Can only imagine framerate, input latency, frame time, audio, and other sensitive stuff would be affected by a non-accurate clock. Over-zealous anti-cheat engines may probably flag you too.

Then there's tiny stuff, like your system clock itself just being off :p

8. dreamss

dreamss MDL Junior Member

Apr 7, 2009
    #8 dreamss, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013

I get the feeling this is more of a non hardware pure hpet + dynamic clocks. since this issue is more aparent when OC/UC which is an hpet issue... i NEVER had timer issues in windows8 since RTM leaked.

did anyone bother to test if this 2 things were being used for the RTC in windows8?

I been running with this and my benchmarks has always been on par with my GFs win7 pc, never had anticheat issues and never noticed my clock being off :

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes