Windows 8 bug

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Htb2050, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Htb2050

Htb2050 MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2012
    Hey guys I have a problem. I installed windows 8 enterprise on two pcs. One was a desktop which is working awesomely and the other on a netbook which has only one drawback that it has 1024*600 resolution so metro apps don't work on it.

The netbook runs fine but when I shut it down and try to restart it, it shuts down suddenly like a power outage on the windows logo and when I boot it again it shows that windows has recovered from a serious error.

Can anyone help me solve this?

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    looks like hardware ...?
    do a new install and see what's happening and then if same problem, find new drivers

3. dailyinsanity

dailyinsanity MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seems like to me that you are having a Hardware Driver problem. Try to install all Windows 7 drivers for your installation. They all worked for me in my installations of Windows 8 Pro.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    Sounds like a driver isn't taking too kindly with trying to Hibernate or Sleep. Perhaps something strange is going on related to power/ACPI settings. Due to Window 8's new Hybrid Boot thing, it basically puts the system in a Hibernated state on shutdown (so shutting down and powering back on is not rebooting exactly).

Like others have suggested, I would try finding latest versions of all drivers available. Maybe check around BIOS and see if there's any ACPI settings might be there.

5. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    no you can run an x64 OS on an x86 host as long as the host supports hardware assisted virtualization.