Windows 8 en route to fail

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Mazrim Taim, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Mazrim Taim

Mazrim Taim MDL Member

Feb 23, 2012
  2. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    It makes sense, when you factor in Vista sucked, and Win7 was a huge improvement. With Win8, Win7 is still fine for most and is just not worth dolling out cash for the new features. This OS they just wanted a footprint in the tablet and touch market.

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 pisthai, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    Windows 8 is on the same position Windows Vista were at it's launch time: to be an successor of an well running OS! Vista wasn't able to beat XP so neither Windows 8 will beat Windows 7! The real change will be with the next generation of Windows: Windows 9! Even not Windows Blue which will be "just" an huge Update of and for Windows 8! Look back at the time of '95, '98, '2000 and Millenium!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mazrim Taim

Mazrim Taim MDL Member

Feb 23, 2012

Agreed.

When you look at mobile operating systems (iOS, Android) you'll see that 3 years ago they had a market share of only 1%.

Now those mobile operating systems have 15% of the market. And their share continues to increase. So Microsoft wants to step in. Before its too late. Unfortunately they came up with a 'one size fits all' Operating System called windows 8. Which runs fine on tablets, but makes no sense on laptops and desktop PC's.

The 'one size fits all' approach isn't working. That is now becoming clear.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There a lot such statistic sites out there and hardly they show the same results. Personally I don't mind about that! Statistics in may occasion were wrong in the past and will be in the future! One thing we never know, which one of them will be the one which is really true?!

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  8. slyfox30

slyfox30 MDL Member

Mar 8, 2012
    I like win 8.It runs a lttle diffrent than win 7 but with advice from ppl like you and my past knowledge of the past windows o/s's ,its faster and once i learned were and how to config it,I like it..I dont spend very minual time on the start screen...The problem i have Is I have a lot of past clients that has updated there computers with 8 and im getting paid just to teach them the basics,which they never remember, So more revinew for me..But its been so confusing for them all,I just install teamviewer on their machince and do it from home and they send me a check/ But except the speed increase,Im using it and i had no chioce to install and use it because all the client updates.otherwise I would be on win 7.If a client askes about installiing it on thier computers that our older i try ro keep them on win 7

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't have problem with Windows 8, or better let say: less problems than with Windows 7! That said, it means I really like Windows 8 and it's my main OS already for some time now. So, I also suggest to our customers to use Windows 8 instead of Windows 7 or older Windows versions.