Windows 8 Ent/Pro VL - Windows 8.1 Ent/Pro VL Upgrade - Microsoft Game

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MSDNAA, Sep 23, 2013.

1. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #1 MSDNAA, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    Microsoft calling Windows 8.1 as a free upgrade to all Windows 8 users, but only for Retail customers. What about Enterprise and Corporate Customers / Microsoft Partners / Schools / Universities / Organizations who paid for their VLSC Subscription but unable to upgrade from Windows 8 Ent/Pro VL to 8.1 Pro VL / Ent. And of course not to forget the Technet / MSDN Subscribers, the worst is Technet is also retired you have no option to buy too.

I know that Windows 8.1 is available if you have the Active agreement but what about those people whose agreement is expired before the launch of Windows 8.1 in VLSC? For ex: if we have about 100 Million customers purchased Windows 8 License through VLSC for one year, what they can do about upgrading to 8.1 Hope we can expect something in a months time.

Also Microsoft offered Windows 8 for $14 at the lowest, now they are charging like 120 - 200 for Core and Pro Editions for new Windows 8.1 buyers. Why is that? In this case they shouldn't call this as free upgrade because it's not free to all. right?

Your comments and suggestions please. I am going to mail VLSC / MSDN regarding this before that i would like hear from you.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    No worries here but I see your point. M$ is still about making money ofcourse and as of anything "free"in this world. Forget it !! Somewhere down the thin line must lie an answer in your statement we will see when the futere comes ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    As far as I know, 8.1 will also be installed on 8.0 PCs via Microsoft Update.

4. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    That only applies for Retail SKU's, not VL.