Windows 8 Enterprise N [Skype,Camera issues]

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by SkyKOG, Jan 1, 2013.

1. SkyKOG

SkyKOG MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    Respected ppl ...

I am successfully running windows 8 Enterprise N version from a long time activated via KMS for 180 days ... the problem is camera app and the skype app dont work ...

Do i need these Media features pack for this ?...

I am afraid to install them as i read somewhere that they remove the activation ....

Is there anyway to make the camera and Skype app work without losing activation ... i really dont want to format my system...

Thanx in advance :) ...And happy new year :D :D :D ....

Sincere Regards
    SkyKOG

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Most probably you have to install Media Feature Pack to make them work. But where do you read about the activation removal part??

:confused:

3. SkyKOG

SkyKOG MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    I had read in a thread here itself that if u install media feature pack then it removes KMS activation .... kindly tell if im wrong .... ill be soo relieved thanx :D ....

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    AFAIK, it is wrong info.

:eek:

5. FDM80

FDM80 MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2008

I don't know what hardware you are running but I ran into an issue with ATI drivers that, when installed, would not allow the camera app to run. Had to uninstall and revert back to the default drivers for it to work.

6. SkyKOG

SkyKOG MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    Hey even im on ATI ... ummm ....let me try installing the media feature pack .... i trust TITO's judgement ... ill report back the news ....