Windows 8 Installation Resolution Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by aulitk, Aug 21, 2013.

1. aulitk

aulitk MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2013
    My monitor isnt support Windows 8 installation resolution. I cant install Windows 8. Help me please.

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    The setup screen or the post-install screens?

3. aulitk

aulitk MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2013
    #3 aulitk, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    (OP)
    Setup screen.

4. efes34

efes34 MDL Senior Member

Nov 17, 2009
    My screen work properly after windows update (ati driver)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eydee

eydee Guest

Get an old CRT from the attic or use the TV in the living room.

If your monitor has multiple connections, try VGA (D-SUB), it should support these resolutions.

6. aulitk

aulitk MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2013
    I haven't got CRT and my TV cant connect computer. Maybe we can solve this with changing setup iso files. Cant we?

7. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Hmm, that's a tough one. If Windows 7 setup works, you might try going that route, then upgrading to win8.
    If you choose the right versions, you have a "keep nothing" option during upgrade and will be relatively the same as installing straight from the disc.

Sorry, I couldn't see any fixes for altering the setup screen resolution in the boot setup.

8. aulitk

aulitk MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2013
    Benim sorunum Windows 8 kurulumum ekranının çözünürlüğünü, tazeleme hızını ya da bit derinliğini monitörümün desteklememesinden dolayı görememem. Kurulum sonrası değil yani.. Benim vatandaşım. :))

9. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    English...

As murphy said, attempt to use Windows 7 ISO, If you can get the screen to work then there might be a way to pull the video drives from the 7 iso into the 8 iso. Also, what exactly happens? Does i just not show up when you boot the disc? Any error messages? How do you know it is a resolution problem? What size screen are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I think his problem is that some newer monitors don't use old resolutions.. I'm trying to see if that's the case by recommending trying win7, but if that doesn't work I'm not sure how exactly they could setup windows without borrowing someone else's monitor.

11. Humphrey

Humphrey MDL Expert

Dec 13, 2011
    So after the install your monitor would work just fine?

Bummer

12. aulitk

aulitk MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2013
    I cant install because i cant see screen. My graphic card is an old Sis and monitor is wide screen. I am planning use Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit. I am too lazy for find a crt monitor. :D

13. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I think the problem here is actually your old sis graphics card. A long time ago when all monitors had refresh rates above 60hz, all graphics cards defaulted to refresh rates to match. Some of the cheaper ones only supported a limited number of refresh rates for certain resolutions. Since wide-screen monitors always use 60hz, when windows setup tries to load the lower resolution, the graphics card doesn't have a 60hz version for that resolution, and cannot display to the monitor.

It really might be time to upgrade your graphics card bud... Some of them are really quite cheap. Heck some processors even have built-in graphics support these days if you have to upgrade your motherboard...