Windows 8 Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by =)(=, Aug 23, 2012.

1. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#1 =)(=, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
  2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    I like the video :eek:

3. IND

IND MDL Member

Jul 25, 2009
    thats why people love asus board :)

4. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Failed to link :D. Fixed.

Btw, noticed that it is not hanging all the time. Sometimes it restarts properly sometimes not and i must use power button.

5. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    ok, now I can see the shaky movie. Did you load all new drivers? I never saw such a delayed or interrupted shut down time except something is absolutely wrong. Wondering, that W8 allowed the installation. Did you reinstall?

6. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Yes, what did you install in addition to the basic install of Windows 8? Did you install the Intel chipset installation utility v9.3.0.1021? Did you install other motherboard drivers from the Intel CD?

7. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Installed all drivers except USB 3, since it is built in already and did not want to install.

There was another glitch right after installing Windows 8, i forgot to record it so i will have to reinstall, record it and forward the video to Intel bios developers.

Also when i went to shut down the pc, it did shut down but it took 1 minute :(

8. sendblink23

sendblink23 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
    Have you tried a few reinstalls to confirm the issue continues to occur?

Could be the copy of the ISO you burned to the DVD or the files did not passed properly to the USB.. etc what you used to install windows 8 - If there is a possibility for you try that again could help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. FiB3R_OPTiC

FiB3R_OPTiC MDL Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Did you delete the old system reserved space and create a new one during custom install ?, windows 8 creates quite a large one & adds the function of skipping the bios post screen during boot up.

10. =)(=

=)(= Guest

No, i don't feel to reinstall now when everything is setup. But i had the same issue on DP, CP, RP. I installed from USB 3 in UEFI mode.

I deleted all partitions before i installed.

11. Rock Hunter

Dec 6, 2011
    Sounds like you've concluded that there is an incompatibility between your motherboard and Windows 8. Another question, did Windows 7 work OK with the problems that you are having now with Windows 8?

12. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Yes, Windows 7 worked fine. I have sent the youtube link to Intel support. But i will sent it to Intel Bios Engineers directly also. Hopefully they will fix it before Windows 8 is out in the stores.

13. Rock Hunter

Dec 6, 2011
    #13 Rock Hunter, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    If this computer were mine, I would do a clean install of Windows 8 and not install anything else. No drivers, no programs, nothing else for the time being. I would however run Windows Update and install anything that it wanted to install. Then I would try shutting it down, starting it up, surfing on the interest, etc. Give it a good workout. If it works OK without the shutdown problem that would tell me that the problem was probably caused by an incompatible driver that got installed during the previous installation. That would not be unexpected with a new Operating System. Driver updates often lag the introduction of the new OS by months.

14. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    ++++++++++++1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    May you'll need to update the BIOS to the latest version, it would be my first step!
    Second leave the BIOS to default settings
    If you use Hotplug HDD's, don't forget to set the BIOS to AHCI Mode.
    Disable the Floppy Drive completely in BIOS if you didn't have any one anymore.
    After install Windows 8 and use the default drivers only. In case Windows didn't find some drivers, install the missing drivers from CD incl. USB 3 drivers.

Test the OS again and see what's happen.

After that start ti install Apps after Apps. I use to set before any new install of many single apps a new Restore Point.

16. CLoNY

CLoNY MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2009
    update system Bios with a newer version

17. =)(=

=)(= Guest

Someone else has also reported this on the Intel forums last night. So i am not alone.

18. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Only issue I have is, that if you will try to run Windows Live Messenger 2012 in compatibility mode (to have classic tray icon), you will have to add:
    /background
    parameter to every shortcut to it, otherwise, it will not login by running that shortcut.

19. gnugeek

gnugeek MDL Member

Nov 23, 2009
    #19 gnugeek, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    It was a known problem in Release Preview

In Command Prompt (Admin) type this and press enter

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

Reboot and report here if the issue still exists.

As per few forums, the issue has not been completely solved in RTM.

20. Cowboy

Cowboy MDL Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I know you said you did a clean install, but the only reason that I can think of for you getting the "loading circle" is that you did an upgrade and it didn't go smoothly. The normal Windows 8 bootup process starts with a display of the Windows logo (3d blue window) and towards the finish you start getting the little dots (balls?) revolving in a tight circle. I like Rock Hunters idea of a clean install and be sure run diskpart at the setup screen and clean the disk where you want to install. Then you know for certain all the old stuff is gone.