windows 8 mail

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jodoti, Dec 4, 2012.

1. jodoti

jodoti MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2012
    Hi,I,m new here and I have a small problem with the new Win 8 mail. After making a new account in windows 8 mail, {the account I,m yusing for many years} I canot use may normal mail acount on my other PC {win 7}.It seems Win 8 mail keep the mailbox for my acount open as long the PC runs. Is it possible to close the new mail after I visit my mailboxes in mail Win 8, and another issue is Mail sendet to my standard account is readbele on Hotmail. I hope someone can help me.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you use you MS Account for to log on to Windows 8, you'll have that problem because all you MS accounts related will be open. The workaround is to create an Local Account on your Windows 8 Machine with an new log on. If you do that, you could not access Windows Store from that local account anbd maybe some other features will not work too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    #3 Puffingmad, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    I use my MS hotmail account for my win 8 account
    I can use the windows 8 mail and still log in to my hotmail email account from other pc's even when windows 8 mail is open
    So that cant be the problem as I need no workaround

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    vymrdal is right, the problem is Mail Provider related. Such problem we having in Thailand if an Mail-Account from ISP is used. I use my own Mail Server's so that problem didn't exist for me. I had come around that within the last few month as customers were starting to Use Windows 8 and the W8 Mail. It must not happen by any Mail Provider's, just some.

5. Puffingmad

Puffingmad MDL Addicted

Aug 19, 2012
    Thanks but you quoted jodoti's quote with my name please read properly as I have no problem with my Email