Windows 8 Metro Apps not working - No internet connection error

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by superspatial, Aug 14, 2012.

1. superspatial

superspatial MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    All my stock metro apps are not working anymore. I get a no internet connection error but on Desktop my internet works fine. Anyone experiencing this?

2. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    What version of Win8 are you using (RP, RTM, Etc) & x86 or x64?

3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I had the same problem with RP, if I connected my LAN connection then connected my wifi sometimes it would bitch about no internet connection. This usually happened at work where we have a web filter.

4. netizencz

netizencz MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2012
    #4 netizencz, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    same problem here, i can't use STORE because "YOUR PC ISN'T CONNECTED TO INTERNET"

Win8 Enterprise x64, activated

5. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    store works fine here Win8 64bit Pro activated. I was even able to update Evernote. maybe regional? wild guess

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. netizencz

netizencz MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2012
    I don't think so, my location is "US"
    But when i turn automatic update on, STORE works fine.

7. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I have seen this reported before. Also when turning off the firewall the store will not work I believe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. adrog

adrog MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012

had same issue found out it was my antivirus had to turn on share local network in settings in antivirus
    give that a go and see how you go

9. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Yeah, disabling Firewall service will break the ability to download and install apps :\

10. dreamss

dreamss MDL Junior Member

Apr 7, 2009
    my weather/store apps wont get that far now they just exit to start menu, but this started when weather was timing out

11. dastallmanu

dastallmanu MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    The golden solution:

Unplug or disconnect your internet and reconnect after a minute.

12. superspatial

superspatial MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    Windows 8 RTM - x64 - Activated, firewall is on, UAC is on, they worked for a day or so but now non of them are working anymore - no internet connection error. I also noticed that News, Weather and Stocks apps are updating the icons for Live Title but after I click on them I get the same No internet connection error. I am on WiFi, no PPPoE here... Anyone has find a fix for this?

13. superspatial

superspatial MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    RTM x64 activated, firewall on, uac on, no antivirus, internet over wifi (no pppoe)[/QUOTE]

14. Kai7os

Kai7os MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2012
    #14 Kai7os, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Delee

15. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I got this error, but my problem was that I was using VPN software like Hotspot/Expat Shield etc.

I just turned them off if I needed to use any Metro apps, like the Store.

16. randomguy1

randomguy1 MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    If you are using things like vpn, proxifier etc, there's a way to have metro apps working. It's detailed here:
    https: // bit .ly /NhgwVf (remove spaces)

17. ozky

ozky MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2012
    Same problem i set my network location to private metro apps can't connect to internet but if i set it to public all metro apps connecting to internet without problems,i have huawei e169 3g network connection.

18. fastman112

fastman112 MDL Novice

Sep 12, 2012
    I also have huawei 3G internet connection and Metro apps can not connect to internet But when I use regular wireless connection they work just fine
    please can you tell me how to set my network location to public or is there anything to do to make my apps work with 3G

19. AlenRusso1976

AlenRusso1976 MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2012
    windows 8 apps problem solved

hi i am using windows pro with media center recently i got problem with metro apps not working or can not connect with internet.i am using avast internet security, windows defender disable uac disable windows smart screen enabled these i configure on my own.just go to this address adf.ly/EZ1vC and install it run this application and click on left corner win8 config click refresh now click exempt all save it.close it, and minimized to try or ctrl+m add it on windows startup thats it all apps workin like charm with mention above config.

20. razanahi

razanahi MDL Novice

Nov 29, 2012
    solution for metro application does not work is here

metro application net issue.jpg hope this solve the issue. Tks