Windows 8 Microsoft Account password hack.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by chillipig, Dec 2, 2012.

1. chillipig

chillipig MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I've started to come up against a problem at work due to the new ability to use a Microsoft account to login to windows 8.

I often have to test PCs when customers return them with alleged faults for a well known company, but frequently the person returning the machine is not the user /only user.
    This hasn't been a problem until now as there are lots of Windows password removal tools including some free programs but now I'm starting to encounter Microsoft account passwords which cannot be reset in the same way a local password can.

Having had a good look out there I can find only one title that claims to do it called "Reset Windows Password" by "Top Password Software inc."

They say "The cached passwords are stored as hashes in the local system registry, so it is difficult to crack or recover the original password. However, it’s possible to update the cached password hash using a new password, so you can log in the system with a new password in case your actual Hotmail password is lost or forgotten. Reset Windows Password is the right software which can help you easily reset Microsoft account password by running from a bootable CD or USB drive."

Problem is the company actually has this site blocked by its content filtering software and the rules state that the company expenses account can only be used through the company Internet connection by the designated employee.

I suppose you could loosely say I am trying to manipulate windows so I can turn the MS A/C into a local A/C stripped of its personalised attributes.

I can request this site be taken off the blacklist but the process takes 4-8 weeks and I am getting 2-3 a day which is causing me a backlog.

I have tried proxies but they are all blocked and wouldn't be a good idea when using a credit card anyway.

So can anyone advise me how I could remove/find this type of password manually or any other software they know of retail or freeware?

Many Thanks.

2. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Hirens Boot CD always does the trick to get and / or change Windows passwords along with other numerous Linux distros and tools.

3. Arachnoid

Arachnoid MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    #3 Arachnoid, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    Does Offline NT Password & Registry Editor not work for you?
    Edit theres also Konboot or intoXicator's Hybrid Kit.

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Send the computer back to the customer and tell them to provide a password. Just the discussion of trying to crack or circumvent the computer's logon sends chills down my spine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    What you are saying is simply not practical, also... the Microsoft Account is a online account not some local crap, handing out a password for this is pure fail.

He wants to Login without knowing the password for sane reasons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

If a customer delivered a locked computer I had absolutely better know for a fact it is his or I won't even work on it. If you haven't backed up your stuff and you forget your password then... here's your sign.

7. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Somebody who needs hes PC fixed by a another person is definitly not expirenced enough to figure out how to remove the password requirement when you login with a Microsoft account...

8. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    I don't disagree, this is the main reason I HATE the Microsoft login.

9. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #10 Shenj, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    Someone just has to figure out how we can convert a MS Account to Local without being on the actual account, which is a much better solution than trying to change the password, it also makes it impossible to access the MS Account once inside.

Also MS Account is actually quite ok when you use Picture Login as you don't have to remember some funky long password, and this is actually something you could share with your supporter, but you still shouldn't, Picture Login is very easy to change too and the Picture Password login can't be used on anything else but Windows login, to change your Password of your Live account you have to know your password.. but here is a huge security flaw Microsoft added
    If you use Outlook.com, do not try to add your Alternate Mail to your outlook inbox, because if you do, anyone with access to your logged in PC can reset your password easily that way.
    Remove Email&Trusted PC from MS Account and Add Phone Number (don't lose your phone!) instead also makes it harder to somehow steal to Change it on a stolen device with deactivated Password request on login.
    The Security Model on W8 PC's is not solid on a stolen device which is logged in.

Sadly DaRT 8 does not have support for the new accounts, you can not reset or change to local easily through it either.

10. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Yes...........

11. abu2Qa

abu2Qa MDL Junior Member

Oct 14, 2012
    :eek: That's right last week a friend brought his new win 8 laptop to me, he wants me to add new partitions for him to put his personal data away of OS and change his log in password but suddenly i became impotent !!!Simply i surf the net for 2 nights looking for a bootable CDs,DVDs.. that support UEFI and back with empty hands..??? any one know anything about that :worthy:

12. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #13 Dolorous Edd, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    This topic got me to thinking, I went ahead and enabled the admin account on my computer, If I happen to get locked out of my MS account I can still access my computer.

Code:
    net user Administrator /active:yes

13. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #14 Shenj, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  14. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #15 Shenj, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  15. snorge

snorge MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    You know this guys story is bs and is just trying to break into people's accounts.

16. Yudfiusd

Yudfiusd MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2013
    Hack Windows 8 account

If you want to hack Windows 8 password on local account, you can refer to some third-party software, such as, John the Ripper, Anmosoft Windows Password Reset. As for Microsoft account, it's a little troblesome, and you may need some hacking technologies from hackers.:rolleyes:

17. Soiarn

Soiarn MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    I can say with 100% confidence that is his only purpose.

18. chillipig

chillipig MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    So True...

"It's No Secret That a Liar Won't Believe Anyone Else"

Bono

19. f33nix

f33nix MDL Member

Apr 4, 2012
    #20 f33nix, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013