Windows 8 & MS Office Pro Plus 2013

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by vze2mp9g, Mar 4, 2013.

1. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Hello,
    My sister just purchased a HP laptop computer (AMD) and has Windows 8 preinstalled along with a trial version of MS Office 2010. We attempted to installed MS Office 2013 Pro Plus, and we it said that the current language is not supported. Should we uninstall MS Officd 2010, and try to install Office 2013, or would we received the the message? I don't want to give my sister bad advice, but she wants to have MS Office 2013 instead. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct procedure to install MSO 2013 on Window 8?

Last question, is there anyway to get the Start button back on Windows 8? I know that there are some commercial products, but, hopefully, there might be another way to get the Start button back.
    Thank you in advance.
    David

2. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
  3. Lacius

Lacius MDL Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Uninstall Office 2010, restart, and use Microsoft Toolkit to remove all traces of Office 2010. Restart. Then install Office 2013 VL and activate it with Microsoft Toolkit (or buy it).

You have to use third-party software to get the Start Menu back. Start8 is appears to be the favorite. You can buy it or install the precracked version. Classic Shell is a free alternative.

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #4 EFA11, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  5. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    #5 vze2mp9g, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I wouldn't say that Apple users are dump in any way! That said didn't mean that I like Apple, I didn't! But: It's not because of their product, it's because of the way those company is doing business and cheating it's customers. I never would support a company who's using slave style and also underaged humans for to produce high (over)priced products in China and even dictate the customers what and how they could/should use the product they pay a terrible high price for!

The Apple products itself are good as the OS it's as well. No doubt about that, even I don't like them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    I'm not saying that they are dumb in general, just dumb when it comes to PCs. They don't have to worry about getting them fixed because they have to take the MACs to a specialized Apple dealer if it's under warrantee. In fact, the people who do have MAC computers (not iDevices (iPod, iPad, iPhone...)), are very intelligent in the field that they are in and MOST of the time, they are well off financially. They could be doctors, graphic artists, possibly musicians, even business people. That's because they don't want to be bothered on how the PC (Personal Computers, not just Intel/AMD) works.

The one MAJOR reason why I don't like Apple (besides the ones you mentioned), is because they have a monopoly on their computers and iDevices. If you wanted to fix anything from Apple yourself, you will void the warrantee. You can't build a Mac computer yourself (at least I don't think you can), or configure your iOS to your own needs, or change how it works.

That's why I got into computers in the Mid to late eighties, I liked how you can figure things out yourself, and mess around with it. I can really remember clearly when and where I got my first computer, it was in Cherry Hill, NJ in some, now defunct electronic/appliance store (something similar to Best Buy of today), and I got a Commodore 128 computer. When I got home, I started reading the manual and started programming in Basic. Then I started to collect allot of software and use to swap them with one of the workers where my father use to work, and I still have most of them and the C128 itself, in the attic.

Personally, the C64/128 was the real first Windows program, which was called GEOS. I loved that software. Then I upgraded a couple of years to the Commodore Amiga 2000. That computer was the most advanced computer of it's time. What really hurt it was the piracy of their software and mismanagement of CBM's financial stand. Then I finally got my first Intel PC from Dell around 1992, then I started to build my own computer after that.

8. btokfans

btokfans MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2011
    My first computer was a clone Apple II Plus which was build by me, but I like to use PC with Windows and Linux OS.

9. tinux

tinux MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Who said you can't build your own Mac? of course you can . i have been using hackintosh since 2007 and it is sometimes faster than real Mac but now i decided to give up on it as it is becoming boring for me. Though I hate Ms windows al least i like the chalange it offers. I also give them credit for the PC style we have.