Windows 8 Music and Video apps

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Shady Cent, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Shady Cent

Shady Cent MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    Hi, I have a problem with these apps. When I use Music Metro app and I choose a song to play, the Music app disappears and Windows returns to Start menu. Am I the only one who have this issue?

2. vali20

vali20 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2012
    This is because you are probably using the N edition of Windows 8. Please download and install a non-N version of Windows 8 in order to use the Music and Videos apps because these apps rely on Windows Media Player, a system component which is not shipped with the N version of Windows and which is not yet available as a separate download from Microsoft. It is highly recommended that you reinstall Windows and use a non-N edition. Also note that the N versions are intended to be used only within the European Union area.

3. Shady Cent

Shady Cent MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    No, I have Windows 8 Pro Media Center, but I've discovered why I can't use those apps... because I've installed Italian Language Pack. In fact if I change the language to English, Music and Video Apps work correctly. It's probably a bug of the language pack...

4. HpBaxxter

HpBaxxter MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    how to change the volume in muisc and video apps

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Via Keyboard shortcut keys :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. HpBaxxter

HpBaxxter MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Via Keyboard shortcut keys :)[/QUOTE]
    what are they the shortcut keys in Music apps?

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    On laptop, check Fn + Function key combination. You will see multimedia symbols like playback, pause, volume up, volume down, mute, etc.

On desktop, you need multimedia keyboard which has dedicated multimedia keys like playback, pause, volume up, volume down, mute, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...