Windows 8 not startup

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Deleted member 296961, Oct 31, 2012.

Hi all .
    I installed windows 8 . No errors during process but after first restart pc remain on motherboard logo and nothing happen . I can't enter in bios , i can't do nothing . The only way to enter in bios is remove the hard disk where is installed windows 8 . My hd is sata . I don't know what can i do , i'm without os on my pc .

Ps. First to install windows 8 i tried to scan my pc with windows upgrade assistant and all was compatible except two programs .

Thanks .:worthy:

1. My motherboard is asus p5ld2-x .
    I have done a screen but i can't post for my few messages .o_O

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Seems you did an upgrade from 7 to 8. Did you try another hd instead of the one which doesn't run? MBR can be corrupted. Probably a clean install is recommended

3. I've done a clean install . I splitted my hd , in first partition i put my files in second i installed windows 8 . This is really strange . I haven't another hd now .
    Is possible something in windows 8 influence the bios ?
    Thanks .

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Bios setting cannot solve your problem. It is the boot section on your hd. If it were other way around first W8 and second your files, it were no problem. I assume you had 7 on that machine before and there still is the old boot and recovery partition left over on your disc. You should try to access the drive with a boot disc and try to save your data to a save place if not too many and then format the entire disc and do a clean install on first partition

5. I removed hard disk and put it in another pc , it told me to format . So i used gparted and was able to format the first partition (when was installed windows 8) . After saving my files in second partition i formatted all and installed windows 8 again . Now all works . Thanks very much .;)