Windows 8 OEM Samsung Laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by cadav3r17, Oct 23, 2013.

1. cadav3r17

cadav3r17 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2013
    Hi Guys!

I have a new Samsung laptop pre installed windows 8 x64 single language. but in some reason i do clean install with downloaded iso windows 8 pro somewhere in the internet. via usb legacy boot. but i have a problem when i restaring my laptop my hdd not detect on the bios but if i press f4 it will continue to boot from os. :( i download the windows 8.1 preview on the microsoft and install it on uefi mode the issue of not detect hdd on bios is solved but i want to revert back to my original os but i did a clean install i delete all partion on my hardisk i didnot backup my recovery :(

is there any you suggest guys what the proper os i download on my laptop? i install windows 8.1 preview and its automatic activated with my key on the bios. but i want to go back to original OEM windows 8 on my laptop.

i really want to go back on windows 8 :( i really appreciated you help guys! TIA! sorry for my bad english :)

2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Your English is fine I can fill in the gaps from what good translate tries to say :)

It would seem to me that your BIOS has has not been configured correctly to recognize the hard drive as the boot drive for the OS.

Now regarding the OS I would recommend Windows 8.1 for this case as it has improvements over Windows 8. However the choice is up to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cadav3r17

cadav3r17 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2013
    Hi sir Thanks you for answering my questions :)

is there any link to download 8.1 or 8 ? with automatic insert the product key on my bios?

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cadav3r17

cadav3r17 MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2013

im on 50% downloading with
    MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.1.SINGLE.LANGUAGE.RTM.X64.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT

is that right os for me sir? thanks

6. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    How could we know, what is your need ?

7. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    The devil is in the detail....

.. other languages are not freely available - your key will activate it though