Windows 8 Password Changer or MS Account to Local Account converter?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by SiRaDuDe, Dec 18, 2013.

1. SiRaDuDe

SiRaDuDe MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2011
    Hi guys!

I get a lot of laptops for repair or for cleaning for resale and my problem is when an user sells a laptop with an MS Account Login and the new owner has no idea what it is...

Before we go on, Yes, I know how to change a password for a Local Windows User....

My needs would be to see if there are any tools that may take a laptop with an MS Account User and Convert it to a Local Account User... (therefore password reset or chance would be possible via tools)

Or show the current MS Account user password and current account user login email. (really not my first option)

Or maybe just create a Local account with Admin privileges and I would delete the MS Account....

Just trying to avoid the FULL SYSTEM Recovery process since its just time consuming.

THANKS in advanced for any help!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. SiRaDuDe

SiRaDuDe MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2011
    #4 SiRaDuDe, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    (OP)
    Thanks for all the valuable info...

I will though take a moment to emphasize that WHEN the laptop gets to my hands I will NOT HAVE ACCESS to the original MS Account Login or User info.

Usual case is a Pawn Shop sending me a laptop they purchased or original owner defaulted on pawn...
    So access to Original MS Account Login is usually NEVER available.

Hence the intent to inject a new local user account or convert the MS account into a Local account

4. SiRaDuDe

SiRaDuDe MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks MUCH! Tito!

I will look further into this. :worthy:

5. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #6 HALIKUS, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    If you want an easy to use, expensive (*cough* torrent*cough*) WinPE approach to reset passwords in bios\efi\x86\x64 i like Lazesoft Recover My Password Unlimited Edition 3.4. You can even rip the files from the wim it creates and put them in your own custom PE.

After reading your post a little closer though, i personally think it is terrible if you get a used laptop, unlock the previous users password, and then resell it as is. Thats really effed up. Not only would the previous owners data traces still be there, but the new owner would get a second hand OS that probably has many bugs from usage. Completely irresponsible IMO. If thats not what you were intending to do, my apologies.

6. tsusai

tsusai MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2010
    When this occurs I will use a PE environment and use NTPWEDIT to enable the built in administrator account. Then I login as that, create a new local admin account. From there, I use "net user" to disabled the builtin administrator account, and delete the MSLive user account.