Windows 8 PC can't install win7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zubber, Oct 28, 2013.

1. zubber

zubber MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    I just bought an Asus laptop that came with windows 8 preinstalled. I swapped in an SSD and installed Windows 7 with OEM activation, it worked for a couple of hours then warned for invalid activation.

Tried 3 times with different versions, retail, oem, vl, does it mean that Windows 8 PC can't install win7? No slic?

Please help, I'm very frustrated. Thanks much

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Post an MGADIAG report.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zubber

zubber MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    back to win8 already, win7 forced to activate.

4. dailyinsanity

dailyinsanity MDL Junior Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Windows 7 and 8's OEM Activations are very different. Windows 7 has SLP 2.1. Windows 8 has SLP 3.0. Windows 7 Verifies the product key against installed certificates installed and the SLIC in the bios. As long as Windows 7 has an OEM key, Certificates, and a SLP 2.1 SLIC, it will be active. Windows 7 OEM-SLP keys will work for any OEM Build and Activate it. Windows 8 has a different key for each PC and has a certain hash installed in the bios it uses to activate it.

If you want to activate Windows 7, I recommend Daz's Loader. It emulates the Slic, Installs an OEM key, and installs the certificates. Download link is below.
    http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/24901-Windows-Loader-Current-release-information

5. junedavis

junedavis MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2013
    I think your windows 8 preinstalled no need to activate,but your windows 7 need to activate.

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I pretty much stay with Enterprise Versions. I have tested 2 win8 laptops running Win7 x64 Enterprise, both activated with MTK no issues.

I might add, they are slow running win7 compared to win8, must be drivers but was noteworthy to me anyway.