Windows 8 Phone Activation Legitimacy

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by sasha007, Oct 23, 2013.

1. sasha007

sasha007 MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    Hi ,

I just want to understand how legitimate is the phone activation method for activating Windows 8 ( with Keys that are blocked for online activation ) .

Is this some sore of a loophole that we are exploiting ? Also , One activated using phone activation , would the key used for phone activation be the key for my Windows installation , or the key changes ?

Would this key work while downloading Windows 8.1 using the product key as well ?

Can someone shed some light ? :confused:

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    phone activation itself is 100% legitimate. Who's key you use to do it depends on its morality, not legitimacy.

Once you use another persons retail key, the NSA, CIA, FBI, KGB, and NFL will be watching! :vertag:

3. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    :rolleyes: :D

4. sasha007

sasha007 MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2012
    :p

So :-

1. How Does phone activation activates Windows using a retail/VL key xxxx ( that has been blocked for online activation ) ? Is it some loophole wherein MS Blocked the key for activations done online but did not block them to activate via phone ?

2. Also , Once activated with a key xxxx using phone activation , would this only be the key for my Windows installation ? Would this key be stored in BIOS , and the next time i install Windows will it automatically get activated ? :confused:

3. Can i use this Key to download Windows 8.1 setup from Microsoft site ? ( As for downloading Windows 8.1 setup MS needs a legitimate product key and checks for its authenticity .)

5. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    They will be watching, genuine key or not :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dosibox

dosibox MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    LoL ^^ :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. dwDigitalLife

dwDigitalLife MDL Junior Member

Sep 25, 2012
    What You Think MS Online Activation System is Very Strong To Detect Illegal Activations & Their Phone Activation System is Very Weak To Detect Same :D
    After all it's War Between Them And Open-Source And They Want on Top while Getting Paid LoL. :biggrin: