Windows 8 Preview on Mac Mini i5 - Need help with Boot Camp Drivers.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nam265, Sep 14, 2011.

1. nam265

nam265 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    Hi everyone, I just finished installing Windows 8 Preview BUILD on my Mac Mini i5.

I run into problem when trying to install Boot Camp Drivers.

"Boot Camp requires that your computer is running Windows 7."

I was able to install each driver manually but I'm still missing Intel HD3000 driver + some others. Check screen shot.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. nam265

nam265 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    No one is running windows 8 on Mac??

3. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #3 nexus76, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. flipthenegative

flipthenegative MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2011
    Well done nam265 - great to see someone doing the right thing & trying new technology. I don't have any suggestions yet on how to get the Bootcamp drivers to install on your Mac mini, however over the next couple of days I'm going to install Windows 8 on my i5 Mac mini under Bootcamp (the only difference being that I've got the AMD graphics). I suspect that it may be possible to edit an INI file to fool the Apple drivers into thinking they're installing onto Windows 7. I'll let you know how I go.

5. nam265

nam265 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2009
    i found it

after some research... i found this site that modified the bootcamp driver to run in win8.

The problem lies within the bootcam.exe, it refuses to run on win8 initially. although i was able to get all required drivers by manually install each one from the folder, i didn't have the bootcamp icon in the tray for letting me boot back to osx quickly.

Thanks to this site: theundyingtruth [remove] .com

now all drivers are working.

6. aaaaalex

aaaaalex MDL Member

Sep 25, 2011
    #6 aaaaalex, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

I'm currently running Windows 8 on my iMac...

And the BootCamp installer runs just fine...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...