Windows 8 pro (kms activated) updates through windows updates?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by naqib99, Mar 20, 2013.

Tags:
  1. naqib99

naqib99 MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2013
    Hey guys i'm new to this forum :) So basically i followed the instructions to activate win 8 pro with kms activator. I have only one paid liscense of antivirus that i use on windows 7 (i dual-booted it). But i have no anti-virus for windows 8. I know windows defender is good enough, but the thing is i heard u have to update windows to assure optimal security. But I'm scared to enable updates as I'm not sure if it will detect my cracked windos 8 liscense and then deactivate it or some s**t. So is there a way we should update windows 8? Do we have to manually do each update from wherever or is there a program that automatically does it for you? Is it safe to enable windows 8 automatic updates? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not using windows 8 because of this issue. Thanks :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Sorry for posting twice. The title seemed confusing so i tried to change it but wasn't able to.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    With KMS activated Windows, there isn't any problem using Windows Update, just go ahead and do it! Also enable automatic update.

Using KMS Activation means that your system is activated for 180 day's from the date of activation and those activation must be renewed every max 180 day's. Read the related topic about KMS and MDL! That activation also means that your machine is for MS "legally" activated and all need action using MS Service will be accepted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PGHammer

PGHammer MDL Senior Member

Oct 14, 2011
    There should not be a problem with using WU (or MU) with KMS-activated Windows - any version. I've done so with MTK-activated Windows from XP forward - regardless of bitness, and regardless of how installed (real or virtual); how would the activation method change that?

One thing I am doing (now that it is supported) is using OEM copies of Windows in virtualization platforms. (The top three virtualization platforms - VirtualBox, vmWare, and Hyper-V 3.x - all mirror an OEM-branded PC - complete with SLIC support; that means that installing OEM pre-activated Windows in such a platform will auto-activate, entirely without intervention. Yes - there are hacks to change WHICH OEM is emulated; however, the base OEM platform will work - even in Hyper-V.)

Activation method doesn't matter for WU (or MU).