Windows 8 Pro,need some tips regards Chrome and maybe other programs/apps

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by youngchaos, Nov 5, 2012.

1. youngchaos

youngchaos MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2012
    Hi,today i got the time to format and install Win8 :)
    First thing i did was to install chrome,then i opened it in metro and i configured it out. After,i needed to open destkop and run chrome from there and ,wtf, it needs to be configured again.. i'm a bit confused.. if i install a program/app that has to work on both side "metro/destkop" it should configure on both side too or not?! Can you help me to understand what's wrong?! :worthy:

2. adit123tya

adit123tya MDL Senior Member

Oct 25, 2012
    never tried app working on both sides... but I believe that yes u have to configure on both sides... windows considers them as different apps... just take example of IE10... if u open a link in metro app it open in IE metro and if u open it on desktop it opens in regular browser...

3. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    You might be surprised,but it's actually working as intended -metro apps are purposely isolated from most of the system as a security measure, whereas normal desktop apps have a bit more .. leeway in how they can act. That's why Chrome acts like it does,despite it installing from a single unified installer ;)

4. youngchaos

youngchaos MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2012
    So is that normal?! I just have to consider Metro / Desktop like 2 different sides so is like "install 2 times the same app/program".
    Well i can live with it,i was just unsecure .. and i tought i wrong something!

Thanks for the fast support!