Windows 8 Pro upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by armadillotuff1, Feb 22, 2014.

1. armadillotuff1

armadillotuff1 MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2014
    Can Windows 8 X64 Pro with KMS247 be upgraded to Windows 8.1 X64 Pro with KMS25? Would save me a lot of trouble building a new laptop with all of my Windows 8 X64 Pro, Office 2013 and Adobe Master Suite CS6 software. If it can what are the solutions?

2. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi

Best to become familiar with reinstall and a clean install is always a way you know things are running right. If you direct your favorites, documents, email etc. to another drive and ensure that they are copied there you just redirect after install and saves some time. With an average machine within 24 hrs all media, editing etc. will be looking good again and less bulk, be discriminate.

Regards

3. armadillotuff1

Feb 15, 2014
    I know how to do a clean install, and there are no documents or personal data on "C" drive just operating software. Being able to upgrade saves me many, many hours of having to re-install tons of software on top of the Windows 8 software. We gift these laptops to disadvantaged students who can't afford a laptop, so at the high school level there is much school software for math, english, history, sat's, act's etc. That's why it would be convent if we could upgrade the Windows 8 x64 pro to windows 81. x64 pro.

4. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    If I understand your two posts, you have a laptop that you want to upgrade and then clone to another laptop? Then you will give away the cloned laptop to a student?

Do you include legal licenses for all the software? If not, do you tell the student that the laptop contains unlicensed software?

5. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    If that is what you are doing I do not understand why you need to upgrade them to 8.1? Some additional accessibility application with this upgrade? Yes as the hunter gave slave

Regards

6. armadillotuff1

Feb 15, 2014
    I am a licensed Microsoft Refurbisher so I can refurbish these laptops as legal software. I am allowed to use Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8 Pro with my license. Each laptop has a COA sticker on them as I gift these computers to students.

7. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Really? So are you saying that you can put a copy of Windows, Office 2013 and a copy of Adobe Master Suite CS6 on each computer and give them away at no charge? Does Adobe know about this?