Windows 8 Pro & WMC using Upgrade Key US$ 39.99

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pisthai, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    AS I read in several thread's an many post's, everybody is able to do just a clean install of Windows 8 Pro using an bought legit Key! I was try that on an new 750GB Hdd using an USB Stick with the images downloaded using the WUA. The install starts and I could pass the first screen.Second screen the button for install isn't usable and I could use the Repair button only.

Result: I'm not able to directly do a clean install of Windows 8 Pro!

Now I'm in process to first install Windows 7 Ultimate and wen that is done I'll try to do a clean install again, without to activate first!

Will report back if I succeed or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #2 pisthai, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    (OP)
    There's a need of an installed Windows if the ISO is used which could be downloaded with WUA from MS.

Interestingly, now, while do a clean install, which is possible if an other Windows installation exist, and after I deleted all Partitions, I was choose to create a new partition of 300GB (from 750 GB). Windows 8 created:
    Partition 1: Recovery 300.0 MB Type Recovery
    Partition 2: NO Name 100.0 MB Type System
    Partition 3: NO Name 128.0 MB Type MSR (Reserved)
    Partition 4: NO Name 292.8 GB Type Primary

This wasn't as before using the MSDN ISO Files!

Now it's installing. So let see what will hepn later on!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #3 pisthai, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    (OP)
    Ok, the Product Key of Windows 8 is need for to start the installation. It's not possible to bypass that. I was try a few times but had finally used my legit key for the really start the install.

I was asked by Windows 8 to unplug the external Storage Drive, which must be the USB Stick used to install Windows 8 because I could only carry on without that USB Stick connected. It's now running on Getting ready!

A problem with the Laptop Keyboard, some were changed and I had to use the on Screen Keyboard for to get the @!!

It's now running on We'rte getting your PC ready!!

Ready, Windows 8 works now and also the Keyboard is back to normal.

Next challenge: WMC!!

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Add WMC To Windows 8 Pro

OK, just had key in my Key and it's running now to install the new Apps. That seems to work just out of the box.

In the old installation, using the KMS, I was not able to get the WMC running because the button for Add Feature to Windows 8 never appeared!

Don't know how long that would take?!

5. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Did you really have to start a new topic for this? Why not search/read existing topics covering this subject(s)?

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  7. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    What info you could not find... found this within existing topics within seconds

8. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Have a nice day. :D