Windows 8 Questions

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nsjcn, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsjcn

nsjcn MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    First, does anyone know where the picture of the creepy login guy is s I can change it?
    I like the metro style but he ruins it.

Second when unlocking the secret admin account and trying to login on it there(at least in mine)
    there was a default password. Has anyone figured out what it was? I don't need it, used cmd to
    change it but was just wondering if someone got it or is it not on every install, with the few
    different ones we have out there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. opengates

opengates MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2009
    the image is inside %WINDIR%\system32\AuthExt.dll (use restorator to replace it).

3. spion

spion MDL Member

Mar 27, 2010
    #3 spion, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    Start -> cmd (run as adminisrator)
    Net user Administrator /active:yes
    Net user Administrator secret

You can now login with
    login = Administrator
    pass = secret

Edit: oh you already changed it. I havnt a clue what the password is.

4. nsjcn

nsjcn MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    spion, thanks, I know that trick XD I was more interested to know it if was on every build or maybe someone had changed it beforehand.
    If not I wonder why Microsoft would all the sudden decide to add a password, it wasn't in my 7850 build.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Deafboy91

Deafboy91 MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    Thanks you...

question is where I could change background in lockscreen and logon (u know fish stuff background after u pressed alt+ctrl+del)?

another question, suppose I change every images based on resolution? or just change just one match of my monitor resolution?

6. opengates

opengates MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2009
    #6 opengates, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    it doesn't seem to matter what resolution i set, it'll always use the first image (IMAGE/1001) for me..
    as for the fish bg, i think it's inside authui.dll

7. hieucocc

hieucocc MDL Novice

Apr 9, 2011
    How do I install Windows 8 Build 7955 on a virtual machine, it was all black screen. please help me!

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    There is already a thread for virtual machines.